cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truncated table at the start of Data Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know why the target table (not template, Bulk load is checked, Mode: Truncate) is immediately truncated when the Data Flow starts. In my Data flow there is couple of transformations (Queries, Lookups) that take ~10 minutes, and the loading into target table take I guess no more than 1 minute. How to avoid that the target table will be empty for 10 minutes and will be truncated only right after all transformations are done?

I know there is option to have compare table option before loading into target, but this is not a option.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BODS truncates the table first when you use delete data before loading option.

If you want truncate data after all transformations I suggest you go for SQL script to truncate the table just before loading.

Thanks.

Chiranjeevi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BODS will truncate the data in the target table if the truncate option is chosen right at the beginning of the flow. This is because logically the target needs to be ready first before the data is loaded into the target. Hence BODS will truncate the target table if that option is chosen so that it can be ready for loading the new data.

If you need to use the data in the taregt table for transformation purposs before loading the data, then you can hold the data in another temporary table for this purpose.

kind regards

Raghu