Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP data dump for a SQL database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a user in Finance department. I have communicated to our IT department for a possible upload to a SQL table every night for details of each account (output of transaction FS10N) so that I can do analysis/reporting on the GL and CC data.

When you run FS10N transaction (after you double click on the balance), the detail you see in that screen is what I am interested to have in my SQL table.

My first question is, instead of our IT department run this report and download it, is there a table that they can go behind the scenes and get this data without this transaction?

Second question is that this data is not very relevant for balance sheet accounts. And there is no other field in FS10N that I can choose  other than "Amount in local cur." to be able to pull  cumulative balance.

So I would like to have tow columns, one with the transaction amount, the other showing the cumulative balance for that account.

Any suggestion on what route we should go with ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FS10N mostly rely on a balance table GLT0 (and ) , but when you double-click you display detail items (from BSIS/BSAS) that may (*) be too big for a daily extraction...

No datawarehouse / BI system available (yet) in your landscape ?

Regards,

Raymond

(*) will almost certainly...

4 REPLIES 4

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FS10N mostly rely on a balance table GLT0 (and ) , but when you double-click you display detail items (from BSIS/BSAS) that may (*) be too big for a daily extraction...

No datawarehouse / BI system available (yet) in your landscape ?

Regards,

Raymond

(*) will almost certainly...

0 Kudos

We have BW system that is managed by our headquarter, we have some reporting on costing , CM etc but nothing on GL/CC reporting. They don't have time anytime soon to help us on this so we are looking into creating our own solution. I also think that BW is good for creating reports but getting data under pivot tables gives more flexibility and better tool for adhoc analysis.

I am estimating not more than 2000 entries per day in our business. I was thinking that SQL reporting would accommodate that kind of data load. Am I mistaken?

So the details are in table BSIS/BSAS and balances are in table GLT0. Correct?

Also where can I get the begining balance for each account ?

0 Kudos

Look at GLT0 definition, you have a column for "Balance carried forward" and one for "Total transactions of the period" (16 periods max) for til to 3 currency codes. Note you have also a record for debit and one for credit, and records can be multiplied by Business Area or other Customizing dependant criteria.

NB: You should also talk to "headquarter" of "Businessl Content" provided with BW...

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thanks, I will look into this. One more question..

Do you know which tables have below information in SAP

- CC # and CC description master data

- GL# and GL description master data

- When I run transaction S_ALR_87012284 for balance sheet and P&L reporting, there is a hierarchy on which accounts go to which total. Which table in SAP holds this hierarchy.

thanks