cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM_QUICKVIEW_THING: What if iv_key is not "key" at all

0 Kudos

Hallo Experts and Colleagues,

I have been experimenting to implement QuickView Thing using FPM just now.

E.g. my table has field "QV_DETAILS", and I want to implement the Quickview on this "QV_DETAILS" field.

As far as I understand up to now, the iv_key parameter in if_fpm_guibb_qv_thing~get_data is the value of the field, on which the mouse hover to.

But QV_DETAILS value is not unique (static text), therefore I could not query an entry in DB based on this field value.

KEY1KEY2QV_DETAILS
KEY001ABCshow_detail

How do you solve this situation? My table keys are in other fields (KEY1 and KEY2).

What I can think of:

Is there may be possible to catch mouse hover event on the FPM List (I'm using ATS List)?

Therefore I could saved table row data, and then to be transferd it to quickview thing?

Thank you and best regards,

Steve

PS: Thanks to Dhivya Baskaran for the SCN post of Quickview Thing (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61212)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

if the hover field value is not a key, the underlying feeder class (list, form,...) should implement IF_FPM_QUICKVIEW_SOURCE, and in method GET_QUICKVIEW_KEY it should provide a valid key.

Regards, Jens

0 Kudos

Hi Jens, thank for the answer.

get_quickview_key does contain the full information

Now I'm facing the difficulty to send an event to the quickview feeder class.

Since I need to transfer the keys to the quickview.

Usually I call  cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( )->open_dialog_box and pass informations to another dialog box, but quickview is not dialog box.

Can you assists?

Thank you and best regards,

Steve

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

if GET_QUICKVIEW_KEY provides the necessary information, you should get this in method GET_DATA as IV_KEY which is a string.

In fact the usage is a little cumbersome: I would serialize the key structure in IF_FPM_QUICKVIEW_SOURCE->GET_QUICKVIEW_KEY like this:

CREATE DATA er_key TYPE string.

ASSIGN er_key->* TO FIELD-SYMBOL(<lv_string>).

CALL TRANSFORMATION id SOURCE key = <ls_key> RESULT XML <lv_string>.

and in GET_DATA of the quickview feeder, I would deserialize like this:

CALL TRANSFORMATION id SOURCE XML iv_key RESULT key = <ls_key>.

The field symbols <ls_key> carry the key structure.

Best regards

Jens

Answers (0)