cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM BP Deleted in error, retrieve from ECC w same BP#

Former Member
0 Kudos

We create the BP's in CRM and they are replicated to ECC.  ECC configuration & PIDE is set where the account created in ECC has the same number.  (We understand the BP & account numbers can be different between SAP systems)  When the BP is replicated to ECC it obtains CRM role CRMACC.

User accidently deleted a number of BP's in CRM vs marking for deletion.

If we use R3AR2 I can pull the account from ECC back to CRM but

1. the number is different as the next BP # in the range is used, business would like the different SAP system to use the same BP #.

2. the CRM role becomes CRM000 instead of CRMACC

Are there any other tools where that would allow the same BP# and role CRMACC to be re-instated back to CRM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

Switching number range in production system can cause inconsistency. you need to create a new customer once again and mark the old customer for deletion in ERP.

I feel the customer deleted was not a sold to party so in case old is used in some of the transaction than have to correct transaction manually.

thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, issue is the account in ECC has receivables so it cannot be deleted from ERP.  As it was part of a conversion from a legacy system is why no transaction existed in CRM.

Going to be difficult if we can flip number ranges in production to keep the same BP #.  I understand it is the guids that map the 2 systems, is a business requirement that they want the BP & Accounts to have the same #.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

If you want to change the number range to external temporarily and load the BP by R3AR4 and then change the number range back to internal, please make sure there is no other process using this number range during the change.

It is better to first test this on test/development system before doing it in production system.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn

To recreate the same BP's on CRM, you need to switch the numbers to External in Transaction BUCF. Once created, switch the numbers back to Internal. Not easy when you have a production system so you'll need to get the timing right.

Then, the replication process is managed at a GUID level, not BP Number level.

You to look for some notes which have reports to correct these. Try looking at these notes:

These notes don't always do what you need, depends on the business scenario, so in some cases I've adjusted the programs fit my purpose.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the notes.  SAP did provide consulting note 914437 on how to use a enhance your system to use something other than CRM000 as the role in CRM.