cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Project Status from PREL to CLSD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I currently have many projects open in SAP CO that I do not want to remain open as people still have the ability to post time and costs to these projects. They are all currently in PREL status (partially released) however I would like to close them in SAP.

When I use the CJ20N transaction to close these projects, I get the an error message stating "Balance of WBS is not zero". What does this mean and how can I eliminate it?

Please can someone help?

Many thanks,

Nikesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for all your help. I have passed this on to our SAP BA team.

Many thanks for your replies.

Nikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried to run the CJ88 for a particular WBS as per the suggestion above however it comes back with an message that I need to "Maintain the settlement rule of the sender". Any ideas how I do this?

Many thanks,

Nikesh

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh,

You can maintain a settlement rule for WBS in transaction CJ02.

What is really important is rather to understand the business scenario.  You cannot approach it just from the technical perspective.

Regards,

Paulo

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh,

I suggest you to contact a SAP PS / FI consultant on this, so they will be able to guide you on settlement.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nikesh,

If your project is already created/ released, making changes in settlement rule or settlement profile configuration will not help.

Would suggest you to maintain settlement rule manually with Valid receiver maintained in settlement profile and then try doing settlement.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thanks so much for your replies - they have helped a lot. We have a dedicated SAP BA team which I am also asking for help from.

Many thanks,

Nikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paulo.

If I run a CJI3 query that gives me the history of all the postings to date since it's inception. Do these balances need to be brought down to "zero"?

Sorry for all the questions!

Many thanks.

Nikesh

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh,

CJI3 is not the best choice, since it has a limit on a number of line items it display.  Take any standard report to get totals by WBS-element.

And it is not a project total that must be taken down to zero, but a total of each WBS-element that you need to close.

Regards,

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh,

It means that in the settlement profile customizing you have a mandatory settlement option for WBS-elements.

Whether that is right or wrong depends on your specific business scenario.

To set a Closed status for WBS you need to run a settlement to bring balance down to zero (or change the customizing).  Anyway that is just one of the pre-requisites for closing, but there are others too (like no outstanding commitments for example).

Regards,

Paulo

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh,

There are open PO exist for the WBS element or Network Activities or WBS is not settled completely.

You need to run settlement for the WBS element, then try to close the WBS element.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thanks so much for your reply. I am not sure how to do this. There is a button for a "settlement rule" when I enter the transaction CJ02 and CJ20N however I am not sure what to do after this. What will running the settlement for WBS element achieve?

Many thanks,

Nikesh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh,

You need to use transaction CJ88 and execute the WBS element.

Run in test mode to confirm the cost and then execute without test run.

If this is possible....You can execute CJI3 for each project with includes settlements in the report, so you will know what are the WBS element are not fully settled.

Else you will come to know when you try to close the WBS element.

Regards

Terence