Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in export license assignment

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

For legal regulation EAR, I'm checking 3 partner functions for destination country i.e. End user, ship-to & sold-to. I have a sales order with end user in IN (India), ship-to in US & sold-to in SG (Singapore). When assigning an export license (with destination countries as SG, US, IN in the license), I'm getting below error. It allows me to assign the license but after license assignment, the sales order continues to remain blocked. Please let me know why it remains blocked. What exactly is this error message mean?

License is required for country US SG IN (see log)

Message no. /SAPSLL/CON_CORE243

Thanks,
Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

derek_yang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

First of all, the function of 'Check all partner function in the partner group' is enabled per your description. In this matter, the system will only release the document if all the licenses are determined and assigned under the relevant partner country.

Yes, your assumption for not to maintain determination strategy is partially correct, this is not true for the case of function of 'Multiple license type' and 'Check all partner functions in partner group'. For these scenarios, it is not simple that any time system will release the document if one license is assigned to.

Concerning the error message 'License is required for country US SG IN', if you refer to the log in detail, which shows the system were unable to determine the licenses under the license type of country US, SG and IN, please simply maintain the appropriate license determination strategy to force system find the appropriate license type.

Also, it is also interesting to see your comment 'half baked solutions in 10.1', can you also please elaborate more on some of the things you think 'never worked the way they're supposed to'?

Thanks,

Derek

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

You're right, "Check All Partner Functions in Partner Group and Document" is active for legal regulation EAR.

If I maintain the determination strategy for EAR, it assigns a license automatically, something we can't do because the material doesn't even have the classification, we classify some materials only upon seeing a sales order for it in GTS. We have 700k+ materials. Mandatory determination strategy makes very little sense. Are you stating that more than one license (If yes, why?) is required to release this document (which means multiple licenses should be activated)?

Some things just don't work (& should) in standard SAP. Here is an example of standard code that is very poorly written.

http://scn.sap.com/message/15695130#15695130

The change indicators don't work. I have a different sales order which was released with code A1 but it continues to block (when for example, text on sales order is changed in ERP).

Regards,

Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I think you've slightly misunderstood my and Derek's responses.  I'm not suggesting that you should try to use automatic licence determination; only that you should maintain a strategy that allows the system to work out which licence types are valid for the situation.

Of course the system would TRY to assign licences based on the strategy, but in your case would find that the necessary licence is already assigned, and defer to your manual decision.

Regarding the number of licences; if one licence satisfies all of the requirements, then it should not be necessary to use more.

Regards,
Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

By determination strategy, I was referring to transaction /SAPSLL/CD_MAINTAIN. Are you stating to maintain it by country only (without Control List Number?) ?

I'm actually not sure what one license satisfies all requirements mean? Does it mean maintaining all the countries in the license? (I tried that too but didn't help)

Thanks for your continuous support.

Regards,

Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes, I think so (quite honestly, this is slightly new ground for me too); just enough so that the system can determine valid licence type(s).

From what you describe in your first posting, it seems as if you need a licence that allows you to:

• Ship the goods to USA
  • Sell the goods to Singapore
  • Have an arrangement to forward the goods to India

If all of those requirements are met with a single licence, then that's fine.  If not, then perhaps you need additional licences?

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Dave,

How would I create a license with such data? I mean what data elements in the license are you referring to? Adding the country codes didn't help.

Thanks,

Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

That's a different question, outside the scope of this thread, if you don't mind.  From what you wrote above, I thought you were already happy with your licence.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave's information is all correct. The only thing I can think of that would cause this to continue to be blocked is in the event that someone makes a change to the sales order.

My company has scenarios where we have engineered-to-order products that also do not get any sort of automatic license assignment as each order line for the material can be distinctly different from the last order for the same material.  In these scenarios, if the license is assigned on the front end of the process (ie before costing, ATP updates, or credit release etc) the order will continue to show up on a block in GTS indicating a license is missing despite viewing the document and the license being present.  In this case, we have to go into the blocked documents, click the control button and just simply hit save. 

When you go back into the document from the blocked documents screen to assign the license, is the license showing assigned? 

Can you validate that no additional changes are done to the sales document in the feeder system?

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rachel,

yes, the license shows assigned in "Legal Control Data" tab at item level.

No changes are being done in the feeder system on this order.

Thanks,
Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish -

Can you check the customs document at the item level  on the legal control tab; does the Change field under the license have 00 assigned? 

If so, in the blocked documents area, go in to assign the license and change this under the assignment to be A1 to indicate the system should not do any further changes.  See if that helps to keep the document from going back on block?

Rachael

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tried it, didn't work, thanks for the idea. (These change indicators in my view have never worked the way they're supposed to).

Too many half baked solutions in 10.1

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

.. and what does the log show?  Please attach a screen-shot of the relevant entries - thanks.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Here it is:

Thanks,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It looks like your determination strategy isn't finding any Licence Types at either level.  The Licences are probably quite ok, but the system isn't finding them.  You need to maintain the strategy so that at your Licence Type is determined.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

This is a scenario where material classification is missing (We have tons of such materials). Upon seeing an order for such materials, then materials are then classified. Also, some of our licenses are manually assigned so we wouldn't maintain determination strategy for those.

Regards,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Well then you're bound to get that error, aren't you?  Legal Compliance can only work if the system can find valid Licences.

Am I missing something (can others help here)?

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I don't think so unless something major changed in 10.1.

Upon applying the licenses manually, why would it throw the error "License is required for country US SG IN (see log)"? That error causes the order to be on block in spite of the license assignment.

I removed the flag Country of Destination/Departure in define license types in "Objects to be checked" and it still doesn't work.

Thanks,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

As I see it (and I'm not totally sure about it), the system needs to understand the required or acceptable Licence Type before it can be sure that everything is ok.  Manually assigning a Licence might seem fine and reasonable to you, but the system has no idea if that Licence is of the correct type to be compliant in the despatch process.  Therefore, you must maintain a determination strategy.

Maybe you could try it anyway, and see if you then get success?

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

This happens only with EAR license types IVL, VL but not with NLR. Something may be missing at license type configuration. I managed to remove the error message by adding partner group PGLDT2 where necessary but the order continues to be on block.

I will definitely try your suggestion to understand it but it won't work for me because that is not our current process. As mentioned by Rachel, we wait for the order (make to order) before assigning material classification. As far as I understand, determination strategy is not mandatory.

Note: See KBA 1792332

Thanks,
Satish

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

I have been following this thread for a while and had to re-read it a couple of times in order to understand what was the initial issue, the fixes applied, solutions discarded, etc...

In your message you posted Jan 26, 2015 11:28 PM, you said "I managed to remove the error message by adding partner group PGLDT2 where necessary but the order continues to be on block".

So I guess that means you managed to get rid of the message "License is required for country US SG IN (see log)" but you are still facing the issue that your document is still blocked. Correct ?

If the message has disappeared, then 50% of your issue is solved. Correct ?

I don't know if the document is still blocked due to the original issue (that you solved by adding partner group PGLDT2) or due to another reason.

Do you mind sharing a screen shot of the compliance log you are now having for your blocked document ?

As well, does the document show up in the blocked documents report or you think it is blocked because you have a red traffic-light in the compliance log ?

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mouaz,

Thanks for reading through and trying to help me out. Although a license is manually assigned, the order remains on block. When assigning the license, error message "License is required for country US SG IN (see log)" occurred so I thought maybe that is the problem. so I assigned partner group PGLDT2 in config and the error message disappeared. However, after license assignment, the sales order is still blocked. That is the real problem.

Here is the screenshot after the license assignment. (Note that this problem happens only when license type is not NLR):

It shows in the blocked document report and also has red traffic light.

Thanks,
Satish

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I ask you now to share screen shots of the following things:

(1) Customizing of your license type VL (The top part of the customizing screen, from the Legal Regulation till objects to be checked should be enough)

(2) The license master data of your VL license (the one with external number ending with 92), especially where you maintain the countries of arrival attributes

(3) Same screen shot as you have sent in previous post but this time with the License Type Determination expanded

Thanks.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

Here is the information you requested:

Regards,

Satish

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, in the customizing of license type VL, could you please maintain the Partner Group of Countries (Prtn. Grp Countries) and tick Multiple Partners Countries and then retest ?

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

I tried that too (with PGLDT2), the error message no longer appeared but the sales order continues to be on block. Here is the log:

Regards,

Satish

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I tried to reproduce in a GTS sandbox system the same behavior you have in your system, not sure I have the same settings you do have but here is what I have found.

It seems that the Maintain Legal Control transaction (/SAPSLL/LCD_CHANGE) does not release the document when any of the following options is flagged in the customizing:

- Check multiple license types

or

- Check multiple multiple partner functions

When I had any of these options flagged, assigning a license through Maintain Legal Control did not release the document.

When none of these options was flagged, assigning a license through Maintain Legal Control did release the document !

As I said at the beginning of this post, I am not sure I have the same settings you do have in your GTS system.

Please have a try by unflagging the 2 options I have mentioned here above, create a new Sales Order and then try the Maintain Legal Control.

For your information, I have tested in a GTS 10.1 system with SP 11.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mouaz,

Thank you for testing it.

For legal regulation EAR & license type VL, both options are already OFF in my system. (I'm on SP 13 so theoretically I should have more fixes). It almost appears that I need an OSS note from SAP.

Thanks,
Satish

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I am running out of ideas to find a solution.

Indeed, it looks like the last chance is an OSS incident.

Please post here any feedback (positive or negative) you will get from SAP.

Thanks.

Mouaz

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for trying. I created an incident with SAP. I will definitely post the answer here.

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

you mentioned you will post the outcome of the SAP incident here. We are facing the same situation as described by you.

What was the outcome?

Thanks for your support.

regards

Daniel