cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM

Former Member
0 Kudos
In regards to vendors sending material that is NOT within the guaranteed amount of expiration dating.  Can a check can be loaded in SAP (guaranteed dating vs. received dating) and be part of the inspection plan?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please note that I am a bit confused on your statement "NOT within the guaranteed amount of expiration dating" and you wish to have some validation on "guaranteed dating vs. received dating" in inspection plan.

Please let me know if your material is shelf-life managed. If so then you can try managing the characteristic based on recurring inspection setup (insp type 09).

Or, you can try modeling you inspection setup for GR against purchase order with inspection type 01, as below -

a) Guaranteed Date MIC in Date format - YYYYMMDD => Add this MIC in Inspection plan and Input this value in result recording.

b) Guaranteed Days MIC in Days = Add this MIC in inspection plan and update this value in result recording.

c) Receiving Date MIC in Date format - YYYYMMDD => Add this MIC in Inspection plan and Input this value in result recording.

d) Create a Formula using the custom FM to calculate % (Ex: calculate 50%, 40%, etc as per business needs)

Quality Management => Quality Inspection => Results Recording => Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristics => Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristic => Create ZQ or some custom parameter, using custom FM to do the % calculation.

e) Final Value MIC range = 30 to 60 or whatever is the least possible range. Add this MIC in Inspection plan and Input this value in result recording.

f) Final Value MIC = {(Guaranteed Date MIC - Receiving Date MIC) - Guaranteed Days MIC}*ZQ

NOTE: Final value MIC has a defined range but this will be a calculated MIC based on other dependent parameters and thus, MIC valuation will consider "Accept" or "Reject" and get the statue "3".

Please check and let me know if these approaches are working for your business case.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit

First of all, thank you for the quick response.  Yes, some of our products have expiration dates. Here is a further explanations.  Our vendor will say that they will send material with a certain expiration date. However, when the material is received, it is outside that expiration date and unusable.  I am wondering, if a check can be set up in the system, with the expected expiration date and the QM module will alert you if the date is out of the expected expiration date ?

Can you please tell me what "MIC" stands for? 

Just a little background for you.  Currently, we do not use the QM module, but will be using it, in the near future.  So, I am trying to see if the module will be able to help with different situations. 

Regards

John

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Based on your requirement, I will suggest you to check for basic QM setup notes/knowledge documents as that will help you to model your business requirement.

MIC - Master Inspection Characteristic. This is something you will need to assign in your inspection plan, which will be defaulted in the inspection lot for result recording.

Based on your business background, it seems you may need to use inspection type "01" during Goods Receipts against Purchase order and "09" to perform recurring inspection. While GR form PurOrd will do the initial validation but for those materials which are shelf life managed - it will be required to periodically validate if the shelf life date is within limits. Your batch can be put to restricted / blocked stock in case if the batch is out of shelf life date. Your inspection plans for both the cases should complement the implemented processes.

Below are a few documents on 'Shelf Life Management' will help you to understand these concepts - You can still explore on these subject and get further help.

Lastly coming back to your question - Yes, as I explained on the previous feedback, you can do the validation on the MIC managed operation level. If it's accepted and within the range, then valuation for operation will be auto-proposed as "accepted'. Otherwise if the MIC value is out of range, then during the operation valuation, the auto-proposal will also be "rejected' - though you will have your discretion to make it accept too!!

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit

Thank you very much for the information.  I appreciate the way you presented the inforamtion, it was easy to follow.  I will use your feedback to further understand this process

Great Regards

John

Answers (0)