cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AlphaNumeric Values in CMOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi is it possible to pass alphanumeric values into customer exit variables in cmod.

We have a need to use virtual key figures for calculating 2week spend, but this will all be based on invoice ID - the invoice ID is INV12345.

I have done many CMOD customer exits using dates etc, but when I try and pass an alphanumeric value it comes back with the error

ABEND RS_EXCEPTION (000): The argument 'INV12345' cannot be interpreted as a number

MSGV1: The argument 'INV12345' cannot be interpreted as a

Is it actually possible to pass alphanumeric values, do I have to use a different range structure instead of

i_t_var_range

or type my internal range to something different as I currently have that defined as

DATA: l_s_var_range TYPE rrs0_s_var_range.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, even if it is just a case of this cant be done

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

What is data type of invoice id , is it NUMC or CHAR.

If it is NUMC , it wont take alpha, it should be CHAR then only it will accept alphanumeric.

OR

You can try with below range types.

RSR_S_RANGESID RRRANGEEXIT

Thank you,

Nanda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a case of types but not the infoobject it was when passing the value to my BADi like a fool I had it trying to pass to a type I object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou both for coming back to me so quickly, alas I wish it was as simple
as just being the info object that is set up as type char. There must be
something else in cmod that im missing, something casing the same query or multiprovider.

If it is possible that is fine by me I shall keep plugging away, just really
wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to flog a dead horse and doing something
that just technically isn't possible.

Thankyou

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

The error message points into the direction that your Characteristic is of type NUMC (numeric character). I.e. it can only contain numbers 0123456789, nothing else. Can you please check your InfoObject?

In general it is certainly possible to work with alphanumeric Characteristic values as long as it is aligned with the data type of the Characteristic (i.e. data type CHAR).

Your other question re. the types, please refer to the corresponding parameters of Function Module EXIT_SAPLRRS0_001. You can double click on the Type as long as you reach the lowest level line type or structure. You have to use those types strictly to avoid any terminations.

Best regards,

Sander