cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New system connections not visible in the Analysis "Data Source" window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

If I add a new system connection in the SAP Logon, the new system is not visible as a possible Data Source in Analysis for Office.

Are there any restrictions in Gui version 7.40?

With Gui version 7.30 everything works fine.

Any experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I just answered another thread () explaining how Analysis for Office search for the connections. I believe the same answer below may help you in this case:

=============================================

Analysis for Office 1.4 SP10 will search for the "saplogon.ini" file (which contains the connections to your BW system) in the following order:

1. SAPLOGON_INI_FILE environment variable
  2. SAPGUI Options custom path (from registry)
  3. %APPDATA%\SAP\Common
  4. %WINDIR%, usually C:\Windows

For more information regarding the system connections to SAP Netweaver, please refer to chapter 5.5 (page 32) of the Admin Guide that you can find by visiting the link http://help.sap.com/boao.

If you want to debug your scenario, the log files may help you to check whether AO could find the "saplogon.ini" file or not, and which "saplogon.ini" file AO is using following the steps below:

1. Change the log severity to "debugging information" in Support Settings of AO;
  2. Close MS Excel;
  3. Reproduce the scenario in AO (i.e. try to insert a data source);
  4. Open the log file "SAPAdvancedAnalysisXLS.log" and search for some entries like:
    - Environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE is empty
    - Registry key not found: Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\
    - Ini file does not exists: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\saplogon.ini
    - Ini file does not exists: C:\WINDOWS\saplogon.ini
    - Warning: No saplogon.ini file found

If you find the warning above, AO could not find your "saplogon.ini" file. Otherwise, searching for some of the entries above you will be able to find which "saplogon.ini" file is being used by Analysis for Office in your scenario.

Regards,
Filipe Zeuch

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we copied the saplogon.ini file from a user who had created the necessary sap bw system connection entry before the switch from sap gui 730 to 740 happened. The additional relevant users now use this copied saplogon.ini file.

Now, everything works fine!

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see how Axel solved this issue in this thread: