cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "Classic" Crystal Going Away?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of my co-workers told me last week that "according to the roadmap" Crystal 2013 will be the last version of what I call "classic" Crystal - after this year the only version available will be Crystal for Enterprise.  If this is true (someone from SAP, please comment!!), I'm aghast!  CR4E does not have all of the formatting or some of the other functionality of classic Crystal - it also has a Crystal Server or BO requirement.  Sure, it's great with BEx queries, HANA connections, and .unx universes, but a significant majority of companies out there who use Crystal are not SAP clients and neither want nor need CRS or BO.

This would be an incredibly short-sighted move on SAP's part.  Please tell me it isn't tru!

-Dell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dell

I have not heard of a plan such as this,  but I will ping the Program Management and see what they say.

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Be assured we are well aware of the use of Crystal for Windows platform.

We can't say any more than that so wait for Product owners to update the various Roadmap's...

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek!

I would love to have something I can point this person to that "officially" says this isn't going to happen!

-Dell

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Don!

-Dell

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dell

I got an email from CR PM and he assures me that they are currently working on CR 2016 which will be an upgrade to CR 2013. E.g.; it will be the classic CR (crw.exe).

No details on RTM or anything yet.

- Ludek

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Super!  Thanks!

-Dell

Answers (0)