cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008- giving error while connecting to Oracle DB, error is architecture mismatch between the driver and application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use crystal reports 2008. I do my reporting using the SQL Server database (ODBC connection, SQL Sever Driver) which has no issue. But, now I need to do my reporting using the Oracle databse. So, I created my User DSN successfully using the ODBC connection. I have 32 bit driver in 64 bits system. While I access my connection from Crystal reports it gives error. It says 'The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application.

If any solutiion, please help me.

Thank you,

Sanghamitra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

When you create your DSN make sure you use the odbcadm32.exe located in:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Could be you are using the 64 bit ODBC Administrator to create your DSN. Should be a system DSN as well.

Don

0 Kudos

And rather than use the My Connections list scroll down and select your driver and create a new connection. It is more than likely the My Connection list is outdated.

That list is updated from the report also, so it could be someone gave you a report and when you opened it it filled in that connection for you but it's wrong.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't use the Microsoft ODBC driver. It's old and was never that stable. Use the driver from Oracle.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter