cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Jam and BizX integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are building an application to add automatically member in groups. SAP Jam is integrated with BizX suite and leveraging the employee data file.

How can we use i.e. username or userid of the employee data file to add members in Jam with leveraging these fields? We see that member Id is the   cryptic number that you see in the URL when browsing to a users profile but we would like to synch it with the employee data file.

Thanks

Elodie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

You can add members to a group using [POST] /Group_Invite.

If you look at the API documentation (http://help.sap.com/download/documentation/sapjam/developer/index.html#odata/references/ServiceOpsPO...) this endpoint requires the group ID and the e-mail address of the user and you can optionally also add a message for the invite.

Whomever you invited to the group as to accept the invite to join the group. If you also want to automate this you need to [POST] /Group_Join  (http://help.sap.com/download/documentation/sapjam/developer/index.html#odata/references/ServiceOpsPO...) authenticated as the user who was invited to the group.

Best,

Rüdiger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your update and documentation. However we are still confuse with the integration between the employee data file and the adding member in Jam.

1. Group will be created based on new employee (userid) in the employee data file

2. People will be added in the group based on userid, manager and matrix manager field (personal id)

We won't have the email address of the manager or the matrix manager, so how can we add member in group based on the employee data file field available in BizX? Can we leverage userid, manager and matrix manager field that's include employee, manager and matrix manager name?

Best,

Elodie

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you looked into the auto-group feature of SAP Jam? With auto-groups you can define define rules for group membership. No need to do any programming.

Can you explain your scenario in some more detail? I do not understand, why you don't have the e-mail addresses. You could also try getting the userID via [GET] /Members_FindBySyncId?SyncId=<'SyncId'>. I am not too familiar with the concept of the SyncID. If I remember correctly this ID can be the e-Mail address but it could also be some other ID from the employee dta file.

Best,

Rüdiger

former_member682839
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Rüdiger,

When i try to invite employee into a Jam group via API ,but i can't find the API you provide.Does there any change to the API or any other API I can use to invite employee into Jam group.

Thanks

Dustin

Answers (0)