cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency in Availability check at Delivery level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a material code in which available stock as per CO09/MD04 is 24 qty.

I have created a sales order in my production client with a qty of 20 for this material. Since 24 is available in stock as per CO09, the qty in sales order got confirmed. Now when I am creating delivery for this order, in delivery system is confirming only 4 qty. When I try to manually change the qty to 20 in dleivery, system is giving in error log, "Only 4 qty of material available". When I try to check availability from delivery document through Environment - Availability it is giving me a different value as compared to CO09.

This is happening with almost all my materials in which stock is very less. System is allowing delivery only for the (available qty - SO qty).

However when I go through VL01N t.code and enter the respective line item number and press enter, system is confirming the entire 20qty and allowing to create delivery and do PGI.

My configuration for OVZ9 is as follows:

1. No Safety stock is selected

2. Not checking RLT

3. Considering Sales requirements, Delivery reqmts and reservations (I have done the same settings for order - A and delivery - B in OVZ9)

4. I have activated the soft block in OVZ2

I have also tried executing the report SDRQCR21, but there was no effect.

Request you to kindly let me know where I must have gone wrong.

I have checked a lot of posts related to this on sdn, but there was not even a single post that could give me a solution to my problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohan,

Now when I am creating delivery for this order, in delivery system is confirming only 4 qty.

However when I go through VL01N t.code and enter the respective line item number and press enter, system is confirming the entire 20qty

Seems to be a conflict here.  If you are not using VL01N in the first attempt, what are you using?

ATP for the delivery is usually performed automatically during creation.  In the most common configuration settings, the delivery cannot be created unless there is adequate availability.  You don't even get to the delivery creation screen.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The sales order has 4 line items and item of concern is line item 2.

So when i create delivery using VL01N and only enter SO number without entering item no, or when i try to create delivery directly from sales order - sales document - Deliver, then system brings in all items in the delivery with delivery qty as only 4 for item 2.

However, when i give the line item number as 20 along with sales order number in VL01N, then system is automatically proposing delivery quantity as 20.

As stated earlier, system is bringing the qty as (available qty - Sales ord qty). Because of this, I am unable to understand wht the issue is.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohan,

Not enough information.  First tell me why you think that this is an issue.  Why do you think that creating the delivery 'by item' should yield the exact same results as it would by creating the delivery 'by order'?

Best Regards,

DB49

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when i try to create delivery directly from sales order - sales document - Deliver, then system brings in all items in the delivery with delivery qty as only 4 for item 2.

However, when i give the line item number as 20 along with sales order number in VL01N, then system is automatically proposing delivery quantity as 20.

Definitely, it is not because of standard configuration issue.  In standard, through whichever TCodes you execute (VL01N or VL10*), whatever unrestricted stock is available, system would fetch the same in all these TCodes.  It should not vary from TCode to TCode.  I feel, some delivery user exit is triggering at that point of time due to some business process which is causing the issue.  Better do the above two process in debug mode so that you will get some clue. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find attached the CO09 screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find attached the VA03 screenshots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enclosed is the screenshots while creating Delivery through VL01N without entering the line items in the create screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enclosed is the Delivery create screenshots after entering the line item in VL01N screen.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the VA03 screen shot shared by you, the line item shows 30 whereas, as per your comments, it should have been 20.  Which line item you were referring.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

The original comment was referring to the issue in my Production client.

I have replicated the same in my test client and shared the screenshots from my test client. In my test client the line item is 30 in sales order.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Share the screen shot from production client for that material in schedule line tab

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enclosed are the screenshots from my production client.

Surprisingly, in my test client the problem got resolved when i executed SDRQCR21. However the same is not working in my production client.

Please note:

screenshot with name capture is schedule line from SO

screenshot with name capture1 is delivery item

screenshot with name capture2 is availability from delivery screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This issue has been raised with SAP and SAP has suggested to implement the note 1909466 to resolve the issue. Following has been quoted by SAP:

please implement the attached SAP Note 1909466. This note has solved similar issues in the past.
After implementing the note please test the system behavior again. In case you experience the same issue, please send the incident back to us"

Note has been implemented and issue has been resolved. Hope this helps somebody with the same issue in future.

Closing the thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could be related to a different storage location being determined during delivery creation.

Or if you are executing batch determination during delivery creation, it could happen that a batch gets determined but there is only 4 available in that batch.

So check to ensure that there is enough stock in storage location and batch (if batch managed).

A screenshot of your CO09 would be useful for us to analyse.

former_member193761
Participant
0 Kudos

1. Check the Checking Group for Availability Check in material master

2.Check the stock at batch level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checking group in material master is correct and the stock at batch level is available as stated in my original post.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli