Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

method PTRM_EXTERNAL_TP_INTERFACE~ADD_URL_PARAMETERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, I'm going to explain our scene:

We're implementing the badi PTRM_EXTERNAL_TP_BADI_DEF this due to our SAP Travel is going to be connected with Amadeus system; when we login in the NWBC with a user who has the role of traveler, the method ADD_URL_PARAMETERS is executed at this momment everithing works as It is expected; but when we login in the NWBC with the role of travel assistant, the method add_url_parameters is NOT executed.

When we click in the option of create travel plan (with role travel assistant) is when we expect that the method add_url_parameters is executed.
When we click in the option of create travel plan (with role traveler) the method add_url_parameters is executed.

Someone can explain why the method add_url_parameters is not executed when we login with the role of travel assistant? when we click in create travel plan we expect that the add_url_parameters is invoked.

P.D. We know that with the role of traveler the service invoked is FITV_POWL_TRIPS and with the role of travel assistant the service invoked is FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT and the FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT executed the add_powl_sync instead of add_url_parameters when we click in create travel plan.

The TRVOF is already configured that is not the problem.

Suggestions, advices are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've recently implemented the integrated travel planning solution with Amadeus, we are using the portal rather than NWBC but I believe the applications are the same.  I've not seen this issue before so have a couple of questions:

What happens on the screen when you click the "Create New Travel Plan" button as traveler (FITV_POWL_TRIPS)?

Is the Amadeus URL successfully called and you are signed into the AeTM site?

What happens when you click the "Create New Travel Plan" button as traveler (FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT)?

Is there a blank screen?
Is the application calling the 'old' SAP travel planning functions?

Is an error shown?

Quick thing to check - has your travel assistant role got the correct authorisations?

Have you added the TRVOF values to the BADI filter?

Best,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your replay. Here the answers:

What happens on the screen when you click the "Create new Travel Plan"  button as traveler (FITV_POWL_TRIPS)?

The method ADD_URL_PARAMETERS is invoked and it called the correct URL for Amadeus.

Is the Amadeus URL successfully called and you are signed into the AeTM site? In this moment there is a team configuring a DMZ (demilitarized zone) server; it has the objective to connect SAP Travel with AeTM; but the URL is invoked correctly it was verified by debug.

What happens when you click the "Create New Travel Plan" button as traveler (FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT) ? the FITP_PLANING is invoked and it shows a screen to capture the data of the travel, the screen that appears is "Change Travel Plan"; but here We expect that the method ADD_URL_PARAMETERS should be invoked in order to call the corresponding URL from AeTM.

Is there a blank screen? No, a screen appears that it says "Change Travel Plan" the web dynpro FITP_PLANING.

Is the application calling the 'old' SAP travel planning functions? No, It invoked the FITP_PLANING.

Is an error shown? There's no error shown when the screen "Change Travel Plan" appears;

Quick thing to check - has your travel assistant role got the correct authorizations? Yes, It has the standard role SAP_FI_TV_WEB_ASSISTANT_2

Have you added the TRVOF values to the BADI filter? Yes, the BADI has the values in the filter and when the standard objects invoked the BADI according to the TRVOF the correct BADI implementation is invoked I validated that by debug.

If you can give a light in the darkness It should be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Israel,

The only time I have seen the FITP_PLANNING web dynpro app being invoked is when the BADI filter has not been updated correctly with all the TRVOF values.

My understanding of the logic:

When you click the "Create New Travel Plan" button in FITV_POWL_TRIPS/FITV_POWL_ASSISTANT, the system checks if the 3rd party travel planning BADI is activated and checks if the TRVOF value for the employee is in the feature.  If the TRVOF value is in the feature the BADI methods are called: ADD_URL_PARAMETERS.

The reason for this is that in theory, you could require that certain employees use the FITP_PLANNING for travel planning solution while others use the external solution with Amadeus integration - e.g. you could be doing a phased roll out from FITP_PLANNING to external solution.

I suggest to make sure that both the traveler and traveler assistant are assigned to employee numbers (PERNR) which are linked to the same TRVOF value.  Then double check the BADI filter and then retry.

I also recommend that you ensure all the OSS notes are implemented or the latest support package is installed because there have been many changes to this functionality by SAP over the last 12 months or so.

Let me know how you get on and good luck!

Best,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your replay.

The value in the TRVOF in this moment is the same for all the employees, we decided this several days ago; that was because we want to ensure that it isn't the problem. Additionally, we checked the filters in the BADI again, and they are OK; and we checked it by debug in the method NAVIGATE_TO_OBJECT of the class CL_FITV_NAVIGATION, the value TRVOF is correct versus the number of the employee (PERNR), and the implementation of the BADI is returned correctly.

As it's an upgrade for travel system, our BASIS team install the latest support packages, so I think there's no a SAP note for this issue. I've been checking in the marketplace of SAP for notes that could be related.

I think that if the problem were the TRVOF we will be in troubles with the role of traveler. The issue only happens when we use the role of travel assistant and with the role of traveler is everything ok.

We are using the standard role in this moment only to be sure that It's not a problem of authorizations.

Any other suggestions?

P.D. We're thinking to use enhancements in the FITV_POWL_TRIPS that's our worst scene to solve the problem in the "Create Travel Plan" when we use the role of travel assistant.

Any other suggestions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Israel,

I think that you should raise a message to SAP because this is not the standard behaviour.  You shouldn't need to perform any enhancement.

Please could you let me know which support package level your EA-HRGXX component is at? (for example: 60647INEAHRGXX)

Kind Regards,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your replay again.

We had sent an OSS note to SAP; since yesterday. We are going to wait for the answer of SAP

I attached the image corresponding to the version.

Kind Regards,

Isra