Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a quick help multiple input value

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know too much about visual composer. just did very simple one. I need some quick help from you guys.

service A output:

IDA

service B output

IDA IDB

1     1

1      2

2      3

2       4

Service C output

IDB  IDC

1      a

2       b

3       c

the scenario is:

from service A, i will get a list (1,2) ,which (as a whole )will be the input of the service b, then i will get output (1,2,3,4), this will the input of the service C, so finally i can  get the list (a, b,c), when user run the application , he should see the final list (a,b,c) , no button click.

basically i want to know how to output a list(multiple value) as the input of the another service.

it will be appreciated if someone can point me to the right document  or tutorial.

my vc is ce7.2.

thanks

Beset regards,

Jun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I hope I can help. Basically the flow could look like this:

There are several things to be aware of:

1. The input port of the data service should be Recordset (unlike in Record). You could see this in the connecting pin having the square shape (and not a diamond).

Also, you see this if you open the Redefine Ports dialog box, in the "012" icon:

2. The link into the input port: In the Map Data dialog you should set the Select Mode to "All data rows".

* I used mockup Service Components as data services, of course you use the "real" services of the relevant type (e.g Web Service).

Thanks,

Udi

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

thanks for the help

I am using standard sap bpm datasource, seems the input port cannot be changed to ingest record set.

can you help to verify? that standard one cannot consume mass input?

for the last service, I need to do the join operation actually. I search in scn, the document contributed by you says we have to write code to do that.

so the worst case, we may have to develop two join service to do the job.

the business scenario is

process id--->task id--->processor id

the business want to know for a specific process, how many task are generated, how many of them are in process.....

Best regards,

Jun

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Yes, it seems this data service gets a single record. To change that you need to change the data service itself / write another one. This is of course relevant only if you could develop on this backend system.

I agree about the Web Service, it could be used to give you the extra flexibility.

Thanks,

Udi

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Udi,

thanks for the feedback.

could you help to verify if my following idea will work or not?

develop  a web dynpro java application which has two node in the inport. can I use this web dynpro component to ingest the output of service A and B?  then combine them in wdj(like your ws)?

Best regards,

Jun

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

From what I'm told, using the WD Component is relevant only in case you need to generate some UI elements.

Thanks,

Udi

Answers (0)