Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material with MRP Type 'P2' planning by APO Heuristics

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How MRP Type P2 (Firming in PTF, no reschedule) is handled in APO either by SNP or PPDS Heuristics.

As the MRP Type field is not mapped directly to the Product Master in APO, i would like to know how to use the planning heuristic in APO for the materials having MRP Type P2 in ECC when i change the MRP Type to 'X0' and CIF the material to APO for planning equivalent to the MRP Type P2.

Any idea or suggestion from the experts appreciated. Thank you

Regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

In product master PP/DS tab you will have the PP/DS Plng Time Fence.

You can use the Heuristc SAP_PP_002 Standard lots heuristic is creating orders within the planning time fence. Which will not delete orders with PP-firmed indicator and specially inside the Planning time fence.

Please refer SAP consulting note  441740 - Planning time fence in APO: Documentation foe more details.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for your note.

We are already using Planning time fench and CIF'ing over to APO as PPDS planning time fence.

Let me explain the BOM structure, we have got 1 Header product (Assembly - Proc. Type - E) and 3 BOM components (Proc. Type - F). For the Assembly we use MRP Type 'P1' and the BOM Components use MRP Type 'P2'. The same planning scenario we would like to maintain in APO.

Now we want to plan all the materials in APO so we have changed the MRP Type for these materials to 'X0' and CIF'ed to APO. As we use MRP Type 'P2' for components they should not create procurment proposal for the new requirments/demand falling within the planning time fence.

When i execute the PPDS Standard lots heuristics it is creating receipts (PReq's) for the new requiremetns after the planning time fence, according to MRP Type P2, it is supposed to not create the receipts for these new requirements.

Is there any setting in the heuristics or any way in APO that will handle this type of situation.

Regards

PK

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

Heuristics will not create a receipt while taking account of the PP/DS planning time fence.

only possible to plan new orders in the planning time fence manually.

The planning time fence is valid for both external procurement and in-house production.In the case of external procurement,

Use SAP_PP_002 as product heuristic in APO product master. Maintain PPDS horizon, planning time fence as per requirement.

New planned orders/Preqs created by a heuristic have their availability date on or after the planning time fence.

The "PP-Firmed" indicator is set if one of the firming indicators is set at header level or at a product receipt or if the order is within the planning time fence.

Requirements within the planning time fence can no longer be covered in time by an automatic planning anyway.

In infinite scheduling, reciepts created simultaneously at the end of the planning time fence.

If you want to avoid rescheduling orders within the planning time fence due to a reexplosion, you should use an infinite scheduling strategy during planning.For information on this subject, refer also to note 551124 'APO:Finite scheduling with the MRP heuristic (Documentation)'.

Also note The PP/DS planning time fence is considered during the SNP heuristic run.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

We do not want to create new PReq's even after the planning time fence. As i said in my earlier post, we use MRP Type 'P2' in ECC and the MRP was not creating new receipts even after the planning time fence, so basically the new requirements falling wihtin PTF should not be planned even after the PTF.

Is there any heuristic to handle such type of planning in APO either by SNP or PPDS.

Regards

PK

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

Then you should maintain PPDS horizon = planning time fence. Suppose you have 3 weeks of planning time fence then you should also have PPDS horizon as 3 week. So that Heuristic will plan the receipt within the horizon.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Yes, but i would like to create receipts for the new requirments coming outside of the planning time fence (PTF). Let me explain with an example below:

Product Structure: Header product (Currently in ECC MRP Type: P1) and 3 BOM Components (Currently in ECC MRP Type: P2)

After CIF'ing all the materials to APO, we have the following dates in APO (giving just as an example)

Today's Date: 1st Feb, 2015

PP/DS PTF: 10th Feb, 2015 (10 Days)

PP/DS Horizon: 10th Feb, 2016 (1 year from PTF)

Scenario 1: If there is a new requirement coming on 5th Feb, 2015, i do not want the heuristic to plan/create new receipts (PReq's) even after the PTF. This is how currently it works with MRP Type 'P2' in ECC

Scenario 2: If there is a new requirement coming after PTF (for e.g. on 20th Feb, 2015), I want the heuristic to plan for the new receipts based on the requirements date. This is currently working with this above settings, so i do not have to worry about this Scenario 2.

Please let me know any other idea or work around for the Scenario 1 above. Basically all i want to see the heuristic is to ignore new requirements falling within PTF, but consider new requirements coming in after PTF.

Thank you

Regards

PK

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

If you run SNP planning, SNP planned order will be created out side the PPDS horizon.  SNP planning will cover this demand out side SNP planning horizon.SNP does not create any orders within the SNP production horizon.So in you case the PP/DS horizon should be equal to the SNP production horizon will work for you.

If you run PPDS planning, No new orders will be created  because demand it is out of PPDS planning horizon if inside then you have planning time fence.

Please do read OSS Note 481906 - SNP - PP/DS integration (documentation).

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

This is not fully solving my problem. I do not want to consider new requirements within PTF, but i do want to consider new requirements outside of the PTF.

Also i think changing SNP production horizon value, might impact other planning groups who are using these materials.

To limit the scope of planning to only PPDS Heuristic planning, what are the options for the scenario i had mentioned in my earlier message.

Regards

PK

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi APO Experts,

Still i couldn't able to plan the ECC MRP Type 'P2' scenario in SCM APO.

Is there any one in the community who has worked with this before and can able to share your thoughts. Thank you.

Regards

PK

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

You can influence the result by using BAdi /SAPAPO/RRP_PLANNING  Change the Planning Results with your custom logic for such planning time fence materials.

BAdI Interface /SAPAPO/IF_EX_RRP_PLANNING

Methods,

• AFTER_NETTING -With this method, you can change the result of the net requirements calculation or replace the standard net requirements calculation with your own net requirements calculation.

Or

• RECEIPTS_SAVE -With this method, you can change the list of receipts that the system should schedule, reuse, or reexplode.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for your reply again. I am not experienced with BadI, I appreciate if you explain the process step-by-step with the TCodes, that would be much easier to understand. Right now i couldn't able to understand how to work with this BadI so i didn't test the scenario in the system.

Regards

PK

Answers (0)