Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual stack or Single stack for working with ABAP in Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is it necessary to have dual stack system in backend for doing coding in ABAP using Eclipse.
When I was trying to create new project using the dual stack system it is working for me,
and when I try loging in using ECC system it is not allowing me to log in. SO I want to know is it necessary to have dual stack system.
Please provide your valuable help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gowardhan,

There is no need to have Java Stack in your system. You can develop the codes in an ABAP ECC standalone system.

As you  mention you cannot log in using ECC System this is because there are some requirements concerning the Netweaver release of the ABAP stack. May be your dual stack system fulfill that requirements so you can log on.

Please check your systems release and Service pack level. Your back-end ECC ABAP should be 7.03/ 7.31 SP4 and above.

Regards,

Sneha

4 REPLIES 4

former_member184367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gowardhan,

There is no need to have Java Stack in your system. You can develop the codes in an ABAP ECC standalone system.

As you  mention you cannot log in using ECC System this is because there are some requirements concerning the Netweaver release of the ABAP stack. May be your dual stack system fulfill that requirements so you can log on.

Please check your systems release and Service pack level. Your back-end ECC ABAP should be 7.03/ 7.31 SP4 and above.

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

As you said I checked the system release and service pack level for both the systems. For ECC system it is 7.2 SP 2 and for dual stack system it is 7.03 SP 12.

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gowardhan,

Can you tell me the exact message?

Regards,

Amol

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

It is regarding which system is needed to run ABAP programs on eclipse. dual stack or ECC system.