cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Cannot Be Performed(Error:INF) after patching from 4.0SP7 to 4.1SP5.

former_member419024
Participant
0 Kudos

After patching from 4.0sp7 to 4.1sp5, whenever view WEBI report in CMC and BI Launch Pad we getting "Action Cannot Be Performed(Error:INF)".

Reinstall the patching from back -up copy?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member419024
Participant
0 Kudos

Moved to http://scn.sap.com/thread/3686987 , because more information is found and scenario changed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member419024
Participant
0 Kudos

Found out that if view small size WEBI report it succeed to view but view bigger size WEBI report it failed and error occur.

former_member419024
Participant
0 Kudos

Tested by creating a new report and save it into platform. Still problem exist, this mean that file is not corrupt is it?

former_member419024
Participant
0 Kudos

From note 1621131, I cannot get it,

"Check the command lines of all the Adaptive Processing Servers in the cluster using CMC’s Servers page. Make sure that the value for the argument “-workdir” is different for each server."

Is it mean that if multiple APS server is running, the directory of -workdir need to be different? I have got 1 APS server running only.

0 Kudos

Hello,

i think we now come to the base of the issue. One APS Server is not sufficient enough. This comes with the default installation and is OK for Demo or Testing Environment...but certainly not for a productive Environment.

For the quick win: Increase the Value of the Parameter "-Xmx" to something high like "-Xmx8g"

The productive solution should be that you run the "System Configuration Wizard". Please check chapter 4 in the BI 4.1 Admin Guide.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp5_bip_admin_en.pdf

Regards

-Seb.

former_member419024
Participant
0 Kudos

Will all setting in APS set back to default after patching? If yes then it is possible lack of Xmx size, will try it tomorrow.

former_member419024
Participant
0 Kudos

Already increase from 2g to 4gb, but still error exist.