cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate connected site automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 main tables which are connected.The 2 tables are city table and site table and they are connected in such a way that one City has multiple Sites attached to it.

So need to know that is there any way that if I update in record in City the respective Site gets triggered automatically.

Please suggest its urgent.

Thanks,

Shikhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shikhar,

As suggested by Ravi Verma in the previous post to your query there can be an alternate solution for your requirement by keeping the existing design as it is:

This will require, PI Involvement and CE webservices to be used.

1. Whenever there is a change in the City Details, data will get syndicated to the PI interface

2. PI Interface should have a configuraiton file which will have details mentioned for the fields which you want to update in the Site Details Table

3. PI will use the CE Webservices to pull the data from the MDM for Site and enrich it and send it to the Remote system with updated City Details

Let me know, in case this helps you if you are already using PI and CE Webdynpro components.

Regards,

Gaurav K Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shikhar,

It seems the data model somewhat does not go with this requirement.

If City is updated then it hardly makes sense to send Site data.

May be you should have something like a Tuple which has linked sites stored and then syndicate them on update.

Otherwise with the same design you can do workarounds like-

1.Updating Site table whenever City is updated leveraging Portal.Portal can use the linked Sites and update flag.An automatic port or Workflow can take care of syndication.

2.Doing an export from City table and import into Site table and then sydicating from Site table.This would require PI to pick the exported file from City table and putting it to inbound port for import into Site table.This can be a flag update and enable syndication.

Thanks,
Ravi

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why? can you detail your business?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Site table has a field city that is lookup main to city table.So whenever there is a change in City details it gets reflected in Sites details also and CIty gets syndicated automatically.

So my question is that whenever City details changes and gets syndicated, the corresponding Sites should also get syndicated automatically.

Please suggest.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

technically site has no change. i don't think mdm will do that automatically.

i think your design has problem.