Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Request refresh on task save

sudheer19
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we are facing an issues while saving the follow up transactions.

first of all the requirement is whenever notes entered in the follow up task the same notes should get copied to preceding transaction.

for this requirement we have implemented actions in the whenever we click on Save or Save and back button action will trigger and check the notes entered in the current task and we are saving the same to preceding document.

in our scenario, Service request in preceding transaction and task would be follow up doc.

in the action method we have passed the notes to order maintain for the preceding transaction (SR) and then calling Order Save.

once we come back to SR header page(not in display mode, in change mode) if we enter anything and save then previous saved task notes again appending to SR which is a Duplicate. we want to avoid duplication to SR.

PFB scenarios in detail:

1. 1. Parent(Display)SR -> follow up  Task->save and Back->Parent(display)->exit ---- Notes will be copied to Parent from Child
  2. 2. Parent(Edit)SR -> follow up  Task->save and Back->exit  (that means no changes made after coming back simply exit without save of SR)
  3. 3. Parent(Edit)SR -> follow up  Task->save and Back->Parent(Edit) ->change any attribute value and Save SR ->  exit  -Duplicate

please let me know if anybody has any pointers.

P.S: On Save of SR the page remains in Edit mode only.

thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

The only pointer I have is that when the Action runs, it compares the service requests In Memory Notes values with the Database values.

If they are in sync, then no need to update to the task.

If they are out of sync, update the task with the additional note entries.

Hope this is useful.

Regards

Arden

sudheer19
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

thanks for the reply. to overcome we have to commit the changes after saving the SR in the action method is this what you mean?

if so, as per SAP standard process we should not use Commit in actions right.

but even then we tried using that but we are getting dump while saving SR after follow up task created.

please let me know is there any other we can achieve.

Best Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

No, nothing to do with the Commit actions.

There are specific function modules for retrieving In-Memory (Changed values) versus Database values (Current Values before changes).

Unfortunately I do not have access to a SAP System right now, but by using the different types of function modules you should be able to make the determination.

Regards

Arden

sudheer19
Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved the issue.

Used Initialize FM while coming back to Parent Transaction

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good News:)

Answers (0)