cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW version for SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 on NW 702 with SAP BO 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We would like to implement SAP BOBJ 4.1 in our company.

Currently we have SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 running on sap netweaver 7.0 ehp2(basis sp9)

For bobj 4.1 which version of sap netweaver bw is required(netweaver release), since we have erp on nw 702?

Do I need to choose sap bw 702 same as ERP netweaver release? or bw 731 will communicate with ERP?

Note: SAP BW is data source for SAP BO and SAP BW as standalone system, not as add-on in ERP.

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh,

Please take a look to the following SAP note 1951805 - Adjusted Version Interoperability for Business Suite 7i2013.

It explains the version interoperability between the products and version on the Business Suite and the different SAP NW releases. In your case, both SAP BW 7.31 and SAP BW 7.02  will communicate without problem with your ERP system.

About the integration between SAP NW and BOBJ 4.1, take a look to this:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/507d3365-009b-3010-04b0-e5abc8f00...

As far as I know it is possible to integrate SAP BW 7.02 with BOBJ 4.1.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Miguel,

I would like to go with latest version of SAP BW, which is BW 740.

In future if we do the ehp upgrade for ERP, Netweaver release will be changed to 740.

Kindly confirm whether I would be able to make the landscape like this

ERP 6.0 EHP5 on NW702SP9----> SAP BW740(SPS?)--->SAP BOBJ 4.1.....?

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh P

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh,

Yes, it is possible to have a landscape as you said since the version interoperability is based on the NW version of the Business Suite product, so you can have an ERP 6.05 with a SAP BW 7.40.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Miguel,

I forgot to mention our ERP SYSTEM IS NON-UNICODE SYSTEM.

Is there any interoperability for NW BW and ERP systems?

Do I need to install BW with non-unicode or unicode?

Note: I think there is no option like non-unicode for systems based on Netweaver 740 or above?

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh P

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Check SAP Note 1896539 - Questions about compatibility and end of support to non-Unicode systems:

- It is possible to upgrade your non-unicode system to a new non-unicode version. In your case, you can upgrade from SAP ERP 6.05 non-unicode to SAP ERP 6.07 non-unicode.

- New system installation is not supported on non-unicode, you can install a new system only on unicode.  Your new BW installation will be in unicode.

- There can be incompatibility issues between your non-unicode system and your unicode system. It is supported but not recommended, so the best idea is to migrate to unicode your ERP.

- SAP strongly recommends to move to unicode.

Best regards.

Answers (0)