cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination for Non-Valuated material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have defined the material types as Non-valuated for which no value is maintained but the quantity is maintained at inventory.

The finance department maintaining different GL account for each Non-valuated material types. So the client is complaining to default the GL account in PR & PO creation.

As there is no accounting view for Non-valuated material we can't determine the GL account automatically using valuation class. Also as we are using the material numbers for Non-Valuated materials we can't determine the GL account by material group (Entry eids without material master).

In ME51N / ME21N, Shall we default the GL account in account assignment tab based on the material type of the material in each line item by using the ABAP development. Will there be any impacts if we default the GL account by ABAP developments.

The client is not convinced to enter the GL account manually. So please give your suggestion to solve this issue.

Regards

Harshini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Rafael

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

I have tested with GR non-valuated PO. As I mention above, there is no issue till Goods Receipt, but when we do the invoice verification then the system is asking to maintain the WRX account. I just maintained the WRX account in OBYC. When I simulate in MIRO the below entries are shown

Consumption acc    Debit

Vendor Acc            Credit.

there is no entry of GR/IR acc. So hope the system is working fine as expected.

Could you please advice me whether it is good approach to activate the "Accounting view" for the Non-valuated materials since it is not suggested by SAP. Will be there any other impacts when we do the goods issue against Cost center / Order.

Regards

Harshini

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshini,

I have never had problems with the accounting view for non-valuated materials. In the contrary, it gives you possibility to give a default account for goods issue too.

BR

Raf

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much to all who helped me a lot.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your thanks means your issue got resolved ? If yes, then you can close your discussion by marking correct and helpful answer (if any). If you have found solution yourself, then you can share your solution, have a look into the blog post for a reference and see how these types of reply can create a confusion for further reader http://scn.sap.com/community/about/blog/2014/12/13/are-you-a-responsible-person-in-scn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael

Thanks for your help.

Hi Bijay

The client is having around 10 document types for which they don't have inventory value but manage quantities at stores.

For all these document types, they are maintaining different GL accounts.

I tested the below options suggested by you

1. Default GL account in PO for non valuated/non stock materials

If we go with this option, we need to create 10 different account assignment categories and the user has to select the corresponding AAC. It will be difficult for the users.

2.  To avoid GR/IR clearing  account Select "GR Non Valuated"

Eventhough I seleted GR Non-valuated in PO, the system is asking to maintain the WRX entry while doing invoice in MIRO (Not in GR in MIGO)

As suggested by Rafael, if I activate the "Accounting view" for Non-valuated materials then will there be any issue? Will it affect any standard processes?

Please provide your suggestion to finalize the solution with the client.

Regards

Harshini

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm what Rafael said, I had never an issue using accounting views on UNBW materials, only the positive and wanted effect of automatic account determination.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,
finance department maintaining different GL account for each Non-valuated material types

How many on-valuated material types- you are going to use to have default G/L account in PO?

You can set default G/L account for a material group when a PO is created for inventory item and for non-inventory item with help of t.code: OME9(select 'Derive acct. assgt'),OMSF,OMQW & OBYC  and go for all related assignment.Refer

To avoid GR/IR clearing  account, you have following options:
Option:1=> Select "GR Non Valuated" check box in the Delivery TAB of PO
Option:1=> Select "GR Non Valuated"  t.code: OME9 for your account assignment category

If client is not convinced to above , you can also think go for below process:
1.Select "GR Non Valuated"  t.code: OME9 for your account assignment category*
2.Create contract with G/L account (entering manually) and account assignment category* for non-valuated material of on-valuated material type
3. Create PR from Contract
4. Create PO from PR
5. Create GR for PO
6.Create Invoice for PO
7.Pay to vendor for invoice amount

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

I have done the settings as you suggested and tested in the system .

If I extend the accounting view, there is no issue till Goods Receipt. But when i try to do the invoice verification, the system is telling that 'No account maintained for WRX".

If I create a new material group and assign the valuation class for that material group, the system doesn't default the GL account if the material number is entered. But we have the material number for the Non-valuated material. Moreover It only determine the GL account for the material group only in ME21N and not in ME51N.

Regards

Harshini

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshini,

Naturally, the system needs to know which GR/IR account to post the goods receipt to. This is the usage of the key WRX. It doesn't matter if the material is valuated or not. Please define an account for this key and your valuation class or set the flag "GR non valuated" in the PO. In such case, the system will not need a GR/IR account.

BR

Raf

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Roshan,

Obviously you have to maintain G/L account for WRX and it will be taking to IR posting,

Coming to your point, no need to active Accounting View for Non-valuated material and you can do Goods Issue with reference to Cost center / Order / reservation.

Regards,

Karna J

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harshini,

You cann't you try the same with Material group.

1. Create new material group and assign in material master for non valuated material.

2. Go to OMQW - Assign Valuation class.

3. Do OBYC settings for Valuation class and try to create PR, system will show default GL based on above settings.

Regards,

Karna J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu Patra

The link is to determine the GL account without material master. Since we have the material master for Non-valuated material, how can we use this method to determine the GL account?

Regards

Harshini

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any problem to extend the accounting 1 view for the material master ?

The document will work same for material master also, but you just need to use the valuation class in accounting 1 view. System will take the valuation class from material master instead of the Entry Aids for Items Without a Material Master.

The non-valuated can be controlled by material type, Maintaining accounting 1 view doesn't mean that your material will be valuated material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

The main purpose of  the GL accounts is for reporting purpose .

you can configure the automatic GL accounts with the account assignments .

if you maintain account modification with the GL accounts in OBYC system automatically pick when ever you use the particular account assignment

please configure in OBYC and let us know

thanks

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard possibilities is to fetch the G/L account with regards to the material group as explained in this document

If you want to achieve this via development, then you can use  Z table to store the information of G/L account and material or material type..

Then using a badi or user exit, you can call the G/L account from this table to PR/PO line item.

To find a badi or user exit, have a look into the document

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

The easiest would to to create the accounting view for this material. We do it this way.

The fact that a material is not valuated in stock doesn't mean that it is not valuated elsewhere (in the PR/PO) and doesn't need account determination.

If this view is not allowed for your material type, change it in IMG (trs OMS2).

BR

Raf