cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI - PHP Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community!

One of my customers has an intranet page which uses CR XI reports. The page is built with PHP. The PHP creates a COM Objects and stores the generated document as PDF file. The pdf file is then opened for the user.

The reports were built with the XI designer.

Now they have to migrate the intranet server to Windows Server 2008 R2. Do I need a full license to generate the reports or do I need the runtime only. If the runtime only is needed can I use a newer version without any problems or are there any restrictions?

Thank you for your help.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

I moved your post to the SAP Crystal Reports - Legacy SDKs forum. Which may already have started to give you the heebee jeebees ?

So let's start with the good news. You do not need any license. The runtime is free, no matter what server, etc.

Now, re. newer version of the runtime. Yes, but. You mention CR XI which could be CR 11.0, or 11.5. In this case, you want to be on v. 11.5. If you are on v. 11.0, update to 11.5 (we also called this CR XI R2). Anyhow, the link to do the update is here:

The update is free. All you will have to do is recompile the app using the CR XIR2 references.

We're not doing too bad so far, but here comes the cloud. The COM SDK, also referred to as Report Designer Component (RDC) was retired in CR XI R2. The last Service Pack for CR XI R2 (SP 6), supported WIN 7, but nor WIN 2008 Server (not officially anyhow). See this wiki:

Crystal Reports v. 9.1 to SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime...

(it is specific to the .NET SDK, but sane goes for the RDC)

Now, in April of 2010 I wrote this blog re. making CR XI R2 work on WIN 2008 Server:

The blog is essentially a collection of customer reported solutions on SCN. I never tried these my self as WIN 2008 was not supported. So this is an FYI for you.

The other part of the cloud is that since CR XI R2 has been out of support for over two years now and the RDC was retired in that version, we can not do any fixes, phone support, etc., anymore. But we can help here on SCN, so questions are welcome and we'll try our best.

Hope this helps a bit,

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek!

Thank you for moving my answer into the correct form and the linked articles. I will work through them in the evening.

I do not know if 11.0 or 11.5 is used. I will have to check this with the customer.

The customer told me that the migration of the reporting feature is not a "must have" on the requirements list, as the system is already "deprecated" and keept alive to check up old data.

Alex

Answers (0)