Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset year close - depreciation not posted for one asset

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are about to close our asset accounting fiscal year 2014.

In AJAB, it tell me that for one asset depreciation was not completely posted.

Now I can not post anything in year 2014 because it is already closed.

How can I deal with this situation?

I tried to set the depreciation key to '0000' for this asset but it gives me a message that Asset accounting fiscal year is still open.

Please help...urgently

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, please carefully review SAP Note 619969 Closing FI-GL before FI-AA - indicating that you should never close FI-GL before sub-ledger FI-AA.

Always first reconcile your sub-ledger with your general ledger first before closing first the sub-ledger. Only when all values are reconciled in GL and Asset Accounting should you close first asset sub-ledger and then the general ledger.

If FI-GL is certified (audited) then you are not allowed to reopen FI-GL again as indicated also in SAP Note 619969. In this case you may need to discuss your options with your local SAP Consultant further.

It is incorrect handling to close the general ledger before the sub-ledgers such as FI-AA.

For best practise in regards to fiscal year close, please refer to following Blog:

YEAR-END CLOSING:
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10007

Else, if you think that the posted depreciation values are indeed correct, then you could consider the solution proposed in SAP note 29694. This note contains a correction program RACORR20_A which you could consider as a solution if appropriate in your case.

The mentioned report can change the planned values of the asset to the already posted values. The  fiscal year can be closed without postings. Please pay careful attention to the explanations in the note.
The correction report RACORR20_A copies ANLC-NAFAG to ANLC-NAFAP.

Please be aware to start the report only for those areas which really post to FI!
*****************************************************************************************

(This can be checked in Transaction OADB or table T090). Never use this report for areas which do not post into FI!)

Please do not run RACORR20_A without consulting your local SAP consultant and your auditor to verify if this is an allowed approach and solution in your case.

Also, never run any correction reports in real time before you have not tested it in TEST run first.

Let me point out that the solution in SAP note 29694 should only be used as a last resort as it cannot be consider that this a correct way to handle unposted depreciation from a general standard accounting practice point of view.

I reiterate, that indeed the correct and recommended way is to follow the steps from note 619969 first and foremost.

I hope this information helps however.

Best regards,

Brigitte

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simi,

Regarding open OB52 as is suggested in the reply by Mukthar: please refer to the note that I already provided earlier: 619969 Closing FI-GL before FI-AA.

Just to be mindful about that since it is not allowed to open OB52 if FI-GL has already been certified by an auditor. Just wanted to point this out again as it is crucial information to know.

Thanks,

Brigitte

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simi,

If you have already posted depreciation for the asset and now you are changing the dep.key as 0000 for the asset, then system will prompt the message because the already posted depreciation got reversed in the next period. Instead open the period in FI by OB52 for the last year and run the depreciation for the asset. Later you close the periods in FI & AA.

Regards,

Mukthar