SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Opinion: Gas Conversion in the Future

0 Kudos

Amongst many other features, the industry solution SAP Utilities (SAP IS-U) includes a gas billing solution, which is mainly intended for residential and smaller industrial customers. In Germany for example, this solution adheres to the standard G685, which is provided by the DVGW association.

With the increase of smart metering, gas smart meters will measure equidistant profile values.

We have a particular interest in knowing how the quantity conversion from operating volume (cbm) to energy (kWh) will take place in gas billing in the future.

What is your opinion?  Comments in this discussion are very much appreciated.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Space followers:

SAP product development is still interested in getting feedback on these questions.  Please reply if you can provide input and we will get you in touch with the team.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

I realize that maybe a clarification point is necessary:

In the future, gas billing may be enabled with interval meters.  The meters then would be measuring volume consumed in periods, e.g. 15 minutes.  We also require other components to bill for gas usage, e.g. calorific value, volume correction factors.

In this context it is especially important to know that most of the gas relevant factors like calorific value, temperature, air pressure allow for certain kinds of averaging like arithmetic or weighted averaging. Up to now the smallest granularity of these values within IS-U is 1 day. 

In the future, with gas interval data, would those factors also be maintained in intervals?  or would they continue to be maintained per day?

0 Kudos

Hi Bill and Tanja,

I have recently posted a thread on a similar discussion.

By reading through this thread, I understand that SAP is looking at this as a potential product development. Could you please share some additional details around this?

Thanks,

Mayuresh