Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.3 with SAP BPM

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All SAP PI experts,

Currently the clients want to execute a scenario wherein they want a few messages to be merged into a single message before sending them to an external system. Since that is not possible without BPM and PI 7.3 doesnt have BPM installed (as in PO 7.31 onwards) we are thinking of suggesting them to install SAP BPM first and then PI will contact BPM and get the messages merged and forward it to the external system.

Is that possible ? would it be a good idea ? Kindly suggest as soon as possible as this is very important.

Thanks,

Ajeya G V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

Currently the clients want to execute a scenario wherein they want a few messages to be merged into a single message

>>What kind of messages it is? Is it Files from multiple systems that needs to be merged or Single Sender is sending Multiple files that needs to be merged into one file...

If its later then you can using File adapter with Append mode to achieve it...

Since that is not possible without BPM and PI 7.3 doesnt have BPM installed (as in PO 7.31 onwards) we are thinking of suggesting them to install SAP BPM first

>>> So are you suggesting to Upgrade them from PI 7.3 to Single Stack 7.31 PO? In this case you need to take care of existing Interfaces if there is any ABAP stack dependency

You can use ccBPM (on existing 7.3) to merge the messages...refer the following:

You need to check, if the client wants to upgrade to 7.31 PO if you want to use BPM (you need to also check for existing Interface n impact on it)

Orelse you can go with ccBPM wit current PI version.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

The scenario is sender(web service ) sends a message to PI, PI will split that message into multiple messages and forwards it to SAP ERP. SAP ERP will then give responses to each of those split messages, PI will have to collect all those response messages and merge them into a single response message and forward that to sender.

yes, I'm suggesting the upgrade of PI to P)7.31 and there are currently no scenarios involving ABAP stack dependency(it is single stack PI 7.3 so I dont think there will be any ABAP dependency)

Kindly suggest how we can make use of ccBPM in the current version as I thought it was impossible to have ccBPM scenarios in single stack? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Ajeya G V

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Could anyone reply to this please ?

Answers (0)