cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance TC: Organizer, application button with other option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

im new to Records management (folders management) but still i managed to create RMS with other structure elements to be able to create Digital personnel records for every employee in my organization.

The issue now that im facing is regarding transaction ORGANIZER.

When i want to add a file from specific location there is a button "application" (right side),  which by clicking on it opens new window with following options

MS Word, MS Powepoint, MS Excel, From file

Now i want to add another option "From Scanner", which should triger a program and open TWAIN driver based scanning.

Has anybody face similar problem by adding another option or scanning document directly to ORGANIZER (Record management)?

Regards

Laurynas Prikockis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is not part of the standard. You can make use of Archivelink document where the setup for scanning can be supported automatically and then make use of those documents in the ORGANIZER

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

+addition -

else you can consider creating a Z service provider (copy of standard document service provider) and made the code additions to support the scanning in the class which implements the **VISUALIZATION** class role.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pragya,

i saw all your posts, and read them too.

Could you elaborate more on which standard class i can use to make these changes?

The other question, what needs to be changed so the ORGANIER transaction will call the Z class?

Regards

Laurynas

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see the SP  SRM_SP_DOCUMENT in SRMREGEDIT -

here class CL_SRM_SP_DOCVIEW_GE implements the class role IS_SP_VISUALIZATION_WIN_CLASS which means it implements the UI logic for SAPGUI. You need to create a new SP which inherits SRM_SP_DOCUMENT and then register your class for class role IS_SP_VISUALIZATION_WIN_CLASS. Since you need a button you need to implement UI role. For business logic, class role IS_SP_CONTENT_CONNECTION_CLASS needs to be implemented.

You would need to undergo BIT640 I think if you have not worked at all in ORGANIZER.

In short class role implementation means you need to implement all interfaces which that class role contains(this is also something you can see in SRMREGEDIT).

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pragya,

thanks for your detailed problem solution.

I checked with our organization, and for the first pilot project standard buttons will be ok

but nevertheless i need to pass some parameters to ORGANIZER when calling the transaction (organizer)

I have my own ZCL_GOS_SRV_LIST with method execute, which checks if records already exists or not. if not it creates it by using DBC and  SRMRECORDSCREATE TC.

But then i need to pass the newly created record id (lets say 00004070) to organizer.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Laurynas

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laurynas,

You can make use of SMR_RECORD_DISPLAY to display the record directly. The load of ORGANIZER is not required.

Best Regards,

pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pragya

you are realy an amazing Recors management guru

Thanks a lot, your help was awsome.

Laurynas

Answers (0)