cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dyanmic calculations based on multiple combobox

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on one of the dashboard requirement for what if analysis. I have multiple columns, say Region, Country, State, City, numeric field1, 2, 3 and so on. Now, I need to have multiple combobox / filters based on first four columns and accordingly guage / any other component value should change as the user selects combo 1 or 2 or multiple combination. Also, the excel to be processed consists of row entries in millions to be very honest. This is POC, so there are no BEx queries / QAAWS / Live office as of now. How do I achieve multiple combo combination with large amount of data?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks. I am already working on excel as source via Universe and QAAWS as of now. I am a bit confused on how to handle multiple combox box - filter data. On top of it, I also need to show calculation based on all data available by default. Then the user can select any parameter / combo value and data should filter out accordingly.

Are there any examples available for easy reference?

Best Regards,

Sameer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Related to filtered Rows properties,you can see sample.File-->Samples-->User Guide Samples-->Filtered Rows.

Take 4 Combo Boxes for Region,Country,State and City.Map the source range and Destination range for Region and take the destination range as a Source to the Country.Similarly do for State and City.

What version of BO are you using & What is your Database?

If you use Query Browser,you can take prompts which will reduce the data by using Query Prompt Selector component.Use the below link for how to connect to Query Browser.

Connect to an SAP BW BEx query using the Query Browser: Dashboards 4.0 FP3 - YouTube

Best Regards,

Venkat P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Unfortunately, my datasource for POC is excel file only and no BW query exists for the same. Now, I only have two options with me - either to have excel ODBC created on the server side and build universe / QAAWS on top of it or directly consume excel as is in Dashboard designer.

Best Regards,

Sameer Sachdeva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Xavier. I will try to reduce the dataset for POC purpose. However, the amount of data will be same even if POC is approved. Expectation is that by default, calculation (for the gauges) should be based on large amount of data only. Users can then select multiple combobox selection or either of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

In POC you may have more data.But from the system if you are getting that much data into dashboard display purpose,you may feel performance issue while previewing data.What would be your landscape of data and its versions.If you are using BO 4.X versions,your can reduce data by using Query Browser in Dashboards usings Varaibles/prompts.

Best Regards,

Venkat Paritala.

xjhacking
Contributor
0 Kudos

Millions of records when using the spreadsheet is a recipe for disaster. Since it is a POC use a small set if you can't use database connections for now.

You could try using Filtered Rows to make selections on multiple columns in a dataset.

/Xavier