Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect SFG price in FG costing run

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing following strange issue in FG costing run.

I have done the costing run for SFG and below is the price details for 1000 KG.

Value in costing run display - 2493.78, hence for 1 KG it is 2.49378 and material master it is updated as 2.49.

I have included above SFG in FG BOM, to produce 1 FG it requires 10.030 KG of SFG.

Now when I am doing costing run of FG for 1000 lot size, SFG value updating in FG with the rate of 2.49352, not with 2.49378 which was saved above.

Following are the SFG value updating in FG for 1000 lot size.

1000*2.49352 = 25010.00

In the same screen SFG price is 10030*2.49378 = 25012.61.

Hint: Unit of measurement for FG is PIECES and for SFG it is KG. Activity UOM in SFG is HR and for FG it MILLISECONDS.

Please find below screen shot of costing run.

Can anyone advise why there is minor difference of SFG price while doing the costing run for FG? On what basis system will consider SFG price in FG costing run?

Regards

SMP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanid,

If you have defined the valuation indicator as "M" in the requirement class, then system will cost for each sale order for the material and it wont check the price of the material. If you want to pick the price from the material master, then you have to select the indicator as "A".

Regards,

Mukthar

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thanks for the reply.

What is this valuation indicator, can you please elaborate where can I find this?

Regards

Shanid

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanid,

You can find the valuation indicator in the requirement class in OVZG. This indicator determines whether the sale order is valuated or non-valuated.

Regards,

Mukthar

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

This is no where related to sales order.

I am correcting my issue here as I have found that SFG price is correctly calculated in FG costing run.

But the actual value of FG (goods receipt) which is updating in process order wrongly. I could see this wrong value when I check the same qty in CK11N, user entry field.

When I do the costing for 1000 qty FG there is no difference.

Hence, there is no issue in costing run of FG, issue is price which is considering in process orders.

Hope above clarifies my issue.

Kindly provide your valuable suggestion to analyse the issue.

Regards

SMP

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanid

Check your valuation variant strategies, which is assigned to your costing variant for orders.

System pick up the price according to these strategies in the same sequence.

Regards

Rajneesh