Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Statistics server migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have migrated statistics server by following the blog

Below is the output of the migration

How do we check the statistics server process after migration? I have used the SQL command mentioned in the blog and see the thread is inactive, is it normal or the thread should be active?

Regards,

Raj

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

YOu can execute below command:

Result should be empy

select * from  "_SYS_STATISTICS"."STATISTICS_SCHEDULE" where status = 'Disabled' and statusreason = 'timeout'

Result should be empy

select * from sys.m_services where service_name='statisticsserver'

Result should be empy

select * from sys.m_volumes where service_name = 'statisticsserver'

Result should be 'true'

select

value

from "PUBLIC"."M_INIFILE_CONTENTS"

where file_name = 'nameserver.ini'

and layer_name = 'SYSTEM'

and section = 'statisticsserver'

and key = 'active'

Do check _SYS_STATISTICS -> table -> STATISTIC_SCHEDULE -> LATEST_START_SERVERTIME is recent and VIEW -> STATISTICS_LAST_CHECKS -> ALERT_LAST_CHECK_TIMESTAMP is recent as well.

Also, refer to 2092033 - Embedded Statistics Service Migration Guide  for more info.

Hope it helps,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Looks like Note 2092033 is not released.

All checks have same output except the view of STATISTICS_LAST_CHECKS > ALERT_LAST_CHECK_TIMESTAMP has a new entry with recent timestamp.

Regards,

Raj

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your Embedded statisticsserver should works fine then. As advised on top, you can run script either HANA_StatisticsServer_Histories_RetentionTime_Rev90+_ESS or HANA_StatisticsServer_Histories_RetentionTime_Rev74+_ESS based on ur version to verify.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's your HDB version?

If below 90, do run the correct script - HANA_StatisticsServer_Histories_RetentionTime_Rev74+_ESS

Check STATISTIC_SCHEDULE and ensure no objectID with status "Disabled" and have a look at the latest start server time. If the time is near to your current time, means the ESS is running.

fyi, Object id for "Alert" is from 0 - 71.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicholas,

We are on HDB 1.91 & I have run below query.

HANA_StatisticsServer_Histories_RetentionTime_Rev90+_ESS

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not clear to me why you see nothing here, could be a bug in this SQL statement. I would have to check on the system to understand what's going wrong. If you open a SAP support connection to the system, I can have a look.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I know the component for the statistics server, I couldnt find the appropritae one to assign.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to open a SAP incident, you can use component HAN-DB-MON.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have opened a incident with SAP[0000078249]

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

I have executed below commands for solution manager alerts.

grant execute on schema _SYS_STATISTICS to SOLMANUSER

grant update on _SYS_STATISTICS.STATISTICS_SCHEDULE to SOLMANUSER

and when I check in DBA cockpit of Solution Manager it still doesnot recoginze the statistics server exists.

In the below screen Alerts is disabled

Below are warining messages

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, this seems to be a DBACOCKPIT issue, because it still checks for the existence of the standalone statistics server. You should check if you are on a reasonably new SAP ABAP support package level. SAP Note 1925684 may apply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend you to run SQL: "HANA_Configuration_MiniChecks_Rev74+_ESS" (SAP Note 1969700), because it contains a dedicated statistics server section performing several checks about its health. See SAP Note 1999993 for more information. Feel free to paste the result of the statistics server section so that I can double-check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin Frauendorfer

I have executed both scripts and below is the output.

HANA_StatisticsServer_Histories_RetentionTime_Rev90+_ESS

HANA_Configuration_MiniChecks_Rev74+_ESS

Regards,
Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, so check 713 is flagged as potentially critical. This means that most likely something is wrong with ESS. You can check the trace files and open a SAP incident if you are not able to solve it yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

I have checked nameserver.trc and indexserver.trc couldn't find anything relevent to statistics server.

Are there any other trace file to check/troubleshoot this issue or just nameserver & indexserver traces?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, there is a chance that it is only a kind of permission or communication issue
that results in the "no statisticsserver active" information. Can you run SQL: "HANA_StatisticsServer_Alerts_Reported" (SAP Note 1969700) and provide the result? This command directly accesses the statisticsserver alert tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the output of the script.

Below is the content from nameserver trace file. I have migrated statistics server on 26th and still see traces realted to installation on 28th

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect, the output of the script indicates that alerts are properly collected, so the statisticsserver in general is working. According to mini check 717 no action is disabled, so that's also fine.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Could you check the  statistics service status and trace file is this any error message?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Below is the statistics trace file during migration. I don't see statistics trace after the migration.

Regards,

Raj