cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Selling popup screen displaying for material not defined for C.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A strange issue just occurred in our company yesterday where a material, when entered on the Sales Order screen, and the user hits the enter key, the Cross Selling Popup screen appears.

The material in question is not on the KOTD011 table (the table loaded by VB41).  The customer does have the "B" entered in their Customer Master Product Proposal Procedure field, but since the material is not on the VB41/VB42 screen we are baffled as to why this is occurring.

Is there any where else in the system that a material can be activated to have the Cross Selling popup screen display during Sales Order creation time?

This problem is not happening for other saleable products we put on Sales Orders (which are not entered on the VB41 screen) and Cross Selling is working fine for other products that we do have loaded in the VB41 screen.

Could this be related to Pricing Condition records for the Customer/Material?

Any help in pointing me in the right direction to solve this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cause of the problem was the SDVK transaction.  The transaction/report generates records within the VCHSELA_RES table.  This table is used (as well as the data in the VB41/VB42 transactions) to determine if the Cross Selling screen is to be displayed.

Since the data in the VCHSELA_RES table can not be completely deleted I had to rerun this transaction for a very old date so that it loads data for materials that we no longer sell.  As long as there are at least 2 materials detected and reported by the run of the SDVK transaction, the VCHSELA_RES table is deleted and reloaded.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks for posting the details of the cause of the problem here.

Jobi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Just FYI, the entries can be deleted:

catherine_mckenna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

When marketing is enabled then the link for cross selling products
is always displayed.
For accessories the list is only displayed in case accessories exist for
the product.
Finally a link for alternatives is never displayed.

For further information on the requirements in relation to Cross selling
please review the following Wiki:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SD/ERP+SD+Cross+Selling

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say "marketing is enabled" exactly what do you mean?  Are you referring to the Marketing view within the customer master?

We do have Cross Selling all set up in Configuration and we only activate it for a few parts that we have defined in the VB41/VB42 screen.  But it is my understanding that if a part is NOT defined in the VB41/VB42 screen, then the Cross Selling popup screen will not popup.

The material we are having an issue with is NOT in the VB41/VB42 screen, but yet when they put that part on a Sales Order, the Cross Selling screen displays.

Thanks.

Scott.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i guess there should be some Exit which is triggering this

Could you check Sales order exits for any custom code?

thanks

santosh

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Please do a cross check if its an item proposal or a cross sell popup which you are getting..?

If its the cross sell popup, then just have a check on the access and table fields in the cross sell condition types. Hope its determined based on material and not customer (SP, SH etc)

thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jobi;

It is definitely a Cross Selling issue.  In the configuration we only have Material as the only field defined in the Access Sequence C001 assigned to our CS01 Condition Type.

We have over 2,300 customer with a 'B' in the Customer Procedure for Product Proposal field on the Customer Master Sales Data screen.

As I stated in my initial message, the material in question is not on the VB41/VB42 screen.

Also this problem is only occurring in our Production system.  Our DEV and QAS system work fine and don't show the Cross Selling popup screen when I create the Sales order.  Which leads me to thinking some type of Master data was modified to cause this issue.

We don't have any User Exit or BADI related to Cross Selling that would be causing this.

Very strange problem.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another piece to the puzzle is that in Function Mod. SD_DPP_CROSS_SELLING when the table VCRSELA_RES is read, an entry is found for the material in question (0048-0003) with IDENT='CROS'.

This does not happen when I debug the same FM in our QAS system.

When I check the table via SE16 in production we have over 30 records in it where we have none in our DEV/QAS systems.

Does anyone know how this table is loaded?

Thanks again.

Scott.