cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASE15.7 dbname..object default behavior

0 Kudos

Hi List ,

I  would like  to know if there are any changes when caling an object for a  non-dbo user  say user X ,here more details:

loging as user X which owns objects in db1

select ab from db1..test1 defaults to dbo.test1 object not to X.test1

more details:

select  ab from db1.X.test1  and

select ab from db1..test1 should return same results and work, we don't see this behaviour in ASE 15.7 SP#103 .

Isabella

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182259
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post the sp_helpuser output for user X in db1???   Were the queries inside a stored proc and was it called as owner or caller???

victoria_normand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Along with the test with statement cache off suggested by Bret, if the problem is reproduced, can you copy the exact result (just number of rows and/or message error) returned for each selects ?

I think this question should be discussed on the ASE for custom application forum, it will be helpful for others members from there

http://scn.sap.com/community/ase-custom-applications

Regards,

Victoria.

former_member188958
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There were no expected changes to the object resolution rules, and I don't recall any bugs.

In other words, if a user doesn't specify an owner, ASE should first look for an object of the given name owned by that user, if not found then one owned by dbo, if that is not found and the object name starts with 'sp_', then look for one owned by dbo in sybystemprocs, and if that isn't found then look for one owned by dbo in the master database.

Are you seeing something else with simple SELECTs?

If so, does it make a difference if statement cache is on or off?