cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify infocube, query or both?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a Bex query based on the infocube ZIC_C03 (Material Stocks/Movements). Now I'm creating a webi report based on this Bex query with Material and Total Stock in units:

Material   | Total Stock in Units

Material 1  10

Material 2  60

Material 3  100

I need to determine how many packages we have per material and show it in the webi report. To achieve this, I have to divide the material total stock by the numerator for conversion of its package.

The point is that the numerator for conversion of the package is not present in the infocube. This is a field I can find in SAP MM transaction mm03.

My question is, what should I do in this cases? Do I have to modify the infocube and add the new information I need?

Any help would be apreciated.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

You can use 0MAT_UNIT info-object's attribute for numerator value. We already get this in BW from R3. You can do a lookup or use as navigation attribute and do simple division for conversion.

Regards

Shabnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

Manish, yes, I think I'm sure the numerator is not available in the cube.

Shabnam, could you please explain me how to use 0MAT_UNIT info-objects attribute?

Thanks again for your time and help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

You can write a routine and do a lookup on basis of material and pick numerator and use same for division purpose.

Regards

Shabnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to add 0MAT_UNIT info-object to the infocube as this is what I understand I have to do, but I'm not being able to find this info-object. Do I have to activate it or something?

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Yes, need to activate the cube.

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

This is what I did to acivate the infoObject:

Go to RSA1 tcode and click on BI content on the left side of the panel. Expand InfoObject and double click on

the option "Select Objects"

In the window which pops up click on find button to search for the InfoObjects that are required and click on

„Transfer Selections‟ button if it is found

Transferred InfoObjects are transferred to the collected objects section which is in the right side and Cli

ck on "Install" button to install the collected objects

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Yes you right if you want activate the info objects from business content.

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with functional team how " numerator for conversion of the package " data is fetching from R/3 system either it is direct kfg or based on RKF/CKF.

if it is a direct kfg then need to modify infocube , if it is RKF/CKF then we can create at bex query level easily no need to change data flow.

'Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

if you are sure that the numerator is not available in the cube and needs to be fetched from the R/3 system. then yes you would have to make changes in the cube and so on in the Bex query.

Infact it wont be just change in cube rather a change in the data model incase numerator is not available in the BW system at all.

after these changes are done it will be reflected in the Webi.

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

as far as I can see you do not have any other Option besides enhancing the whole data flow and the BEx query. Modifying the BEx query without modifying the cube will not help you much right?

Best regards,

Victor