Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whitelist Setup for PLM Web UI

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I would like to know what file path format do we have maintain for setting up whitelist for download and upload option.

Please see the attachment for screenshot.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Jo Pz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Christoph / Samuli

This is my requirement, when viewing a original doc from Change/Display document through Web UI,I need to open an external application to view my drawing. Is there a way I can achieve this through Whitelist?

From ECC, we have written a custom program to open the application and also passing the drawing number so that it opens the drawing in the external application. I have no issues in ECC.

Please advice if this is possible through whitelist or do I need to enhance my custom program to include webUI.

Thanks & Regards

Jo pz

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Christoph and Sam,

Will do as mentioned.

Thanks & Regards
Jo Pz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to what Christoph wrote, normally you would add all the local drives that are used to upload/download originals and identify all Content Servers that need to be accessed. Notice that there is also a restriction with the ACF implementation, originals should really be uploaded from local or mapped drives and not network paths. In our setup we have all drives from A: to Z: and all Content Servers (dev, test, prod).

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

maybe the information in notes

1896169 - Whitelist Maintenance for PLM Document Management

1706291 - WD ABAP: Configuration of ACF whitelist

I check the setup in our internal system and here for example the paths are maintained like

http://<server>:<port> - for File Loc. "Server"

C:\temp\ - for File Loc. "Directory".

I hope that this could be useful for you.

Best regards,
Christoph

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I followed the OSS Note: 1896169 for whitelist setup and I still get the below error when I try to display an original attached to DIR through PLM WEB UI. I have no issues from ECC.

In your reply you had mention the file path forward.

http://<server>:<port> - for File Loc. "Server"

C:\temp\ - for File Loc. "Directory".

Just want to confirm the Server path & port number should be the one from OACT.

Sample screen shot.

Kindly advice.

Thanks & Regards

Jo Pz