cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the line item type of SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to change the line item type of a shopping cart which is in the approved state. can you suggest me some function modules or tables for changing it.

I want to change it only in those cases where follow-on-document has not been created against the SC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

As you have mentioned, the shopping cart is in approved status. Has it created follow on documents? If yes, then there is no point in changing the item type on shopping cart.

Regards.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to change the SC line item type when the follow-on document has not been created

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I am afraid, I could not find anything to change the item type. Actually, item type determines item category (Standard, B or D) when the PO is replicated in ECC and therefore SAP does not allow to flip it on approved shopping carts as it may cause a loophole in process.

The SC need to be recreated with the changed item type as per business requirement.

Regards,

Ravi Pachauri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the experts, there is a possiblity of changing the item type of an approved SC whose follow-on-document has not been created in srm as well as in ECC system.

I just want to know the table name or function module name through which i can change the line item type in SC.

PO and confirmation documents against this SC must not be created.

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

Please try table CRMD_ORDERADM_I

Regards,

A.S

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item table is fine but there is no way to change the item type on item data.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think as well item type can be changed or for that matter should be changed!

Why not create a shopping cart with the correct item type.

Regards,

A.S

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct, this is what I have suggested. Opening the item type and changing it after approval may lead to process loopholes.

Pooja: How many shopping carts we are talking about here? If the number is not big then its always better to go back to the business to ask them to re-raise these transactions. Another aspect is audit. If SAP allow changing item type on the fly on approved transactions then people may change approved SC to limit POs and vice versa, which auditors won't like.

Regards,

Ravi