Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 - Hide Logoff button

Puneet_Gupta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to integrate Personas 2.0 (Silverlight) into our SAP Netweaver Portal using the BSP iView.

Now the user has 2 logoff buttons ( Portal and Personas) and clicking the Personas logoff button is ending the SAP Portal session too.

We tried the frameless=true parameter to hide the logoff button in Personas, but that also hides the Flavor selection tabs.

Is there a way to hide the Personas Logoff button and still keep the Flavor selection tabs?

Thanks,

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

"clicking the Personas logoff button is ending the SAP Portal session too"

If the Personas logoff button also closes other browser sessions, this sounds like some notes may be missing from the system. I remember having similar issues a while back and updating the system to the most current patches fixed this problem.

Please make sure you implement all the notes mentioned in cumulative note 1964257 for your Personas version and SP level (hopefully you are on ver. 2.0 SP02). There is one note that updates the Utilities.js file and if I remember correctly, this was key to fix some session handling-related issues.

"Is there a way to hide the Personas Logoff button and still keep the Flavor selection tabs?"

Unfortunately this is not possible. If you want to eliminate the Logoff button using frameless=true then flavor selection is only possible by own script button(s) switching the flavor. This would work but of course it also means that the flavor name must then be hard coded in the script... OR I can imagine having a script that calls a WebRFC which determines what flavors are accessible for the user in the current transaction and offers toggling between them by the click of a button. This would be also doable but a little cumbersome.