Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting transaction code VA22

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to restrict transaction code per document status.

I have 2 scenarios, when the quotation is in status A, both users can change and update the quotation, once the status of the quotation is been updated to status B (for example), one user should not be able to change anything on the quotation, while the other can update the quotation.

I am able to restrict the users down to document type, but I do not see any way to restrict the document to status type.

I tried using authorisation object B_USERSTAT, and utilising the authorisation key, but that object is not even being checked.

Any one has any suggestions?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

SU24???

0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

you are correct VA42 has nothing to do with quotation, but I am referring to transaction code VA22 - Change Quotation.

The reason I tried to use authorisation object B_USERSTAT was because I saw in SU24 that it is being checked, however when you run the transaction, and trace, this object is not being checked, and I am not sure that even if this object will be checked it will do what I need it to do.

0 Kudos

The object will do what you want it to do, if you go and customize your stati (has to be a userstat, of course). Check your  customizing. Don't forget about B_USERST_T.

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

From Object documentation in SU21(B_USERSTAT):

User status authorization object

With this authorization object you protect the setting or deletion of user status in the general status management of orders, projects, network plans, and so on.

This authorization object is only checked during the direct setting or deletion of the user status in the status maintenance screen (SAPLBSVA 0300/0302) or in the dialog box of the user status maintenance (SAPLBSVA 0201).

Ensure the mentioned screens are being used for the activity  , if then this object should be cheked.

Thanks,Krishna