Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove 0 records when Exporting TXN data from BPC

UmaArjunan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

BPC Experts,

I m trying to export transaction data from BPC from one MODEL , While exporting i wanted to ignore the records whose aggregated value is zero for the dimension member combination.

Where i can restrict or set , EXPORT only for SIGNED DATA <> 0.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member212095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Simply create the DM package with the chain /CPMB/LIGHT_OPTIMIZE and the Dynamic script:

TASK(/CPMB/SWITCH_TO_LOAD,INFOCUBE,%APPBINAME%)

TASK(/CPMB/SWITCH_TO_PLAN,INFOCUBE,%APPBINAME%)

TASK(/CPMB/DELETE_INDEX,DTA_CUBE,%APPBINAME%)

TASK(/CPMB/CREATE_INDEX,DTA_CUBE,%APPBINAME%)

TASK(/CPMB/CREATE_STATISTICS,DTA_CUBE,%APPBINAME%)

TASK(/CPMB/LIGHT_COMPRESS,DTA_CUBE,%APPBINAME%)

TASK(/CPMB/ROLL_UP,DTA_CUBE,%APPBINAME%)

TASK(/CPMB/LIGHT_COMPRESS,ZERO_ELIMINATION_ON,X)

The last line will enforce zero elimination.

Post which, run Export Transaction data .Hope it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do optimization of f=model i.e. Run light optimise.

Or you can try SKIPIF option in transformation file.(not sure)

Shrikant

UmaArjunan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SKIPIF = NULL option is not working. We are not using the lite optimization to remove zeros.......We are using the transformation file to achieve the same...

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do optimization, its recommended.

try SKIPIF=0

Shrikant

UmaArjunan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrikant. Is there any risk of running light optimization for a particular model.  What are the pre-requisities and don't s before we run lite optimization in PRODUCTION system ? This is the first time we are going to do and the model contains lot of data even with zeros also...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Performance point of view optimization is required. As i mentioned in previous post lite optimization Closes the open request, compresses without Zero-Elimination and indexes the cube, and updates database statistics for the BW Info-Cube.

As per my understanding there are no such prerequisite , but for safer side you can process all dimension of model.

Also go through the links that are shared. If you required more details you can search on forum. There are lot of threads on lite optimization.

Problem removing zeros in a model - BPC 10 NW

http://scn.sap.com/community/epm/planning-and-consolidation-for-netweaver/blog/2014/02/07/lite-optim...

Full Optimization and Light Optimization In Detail.

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is no bad bad impact on system. As it recommended performance point.

If you are tacking backup , it will help you reduce wait time, reduce the volume of data.

Only one precotion you have to take that is run optimization in ideal time when no one using BPC system.

Shrikant

UmaArjunan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs. The reason i posted this thread is , whether it is possible to acheive the same using the export transaction data option. Just curious to know about this option also

UmaArjunan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried SKIPIF=0  and SKIPIF = NULL . Both are not working, It still downloads with zero value records when exporting transaction data. If there is any other way we can exclude using transformation or conversion file. Please provide your inputs. I m trying to explore the possibility to achieve this when using export transaction data process chain option

But lite optimization is working. i tried by clearing one record then ran lite optimization process chain from BPC.It removes the '0' records from the backend cube..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's what we are trying to tell you. Run lite optimization it will remove zeros then you can export transaction data without zero.After lite optimization performance of your system will increase. so do lite optimization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First run lite optimization remove zeros from data and then export.

lite optimization Closes the open request, compresses without Zero-Elimination and indexes the cube, and updates database statistics for the BW InfoCube.

for lite optimization follow below links

http://scn.sap.com/community/epm/planning-and-consolidation-for-netweaver/blog/2014/02/07/lite-optim...