cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running next instance of job when previous instance is running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts - We have requirement such that the next instance of a particular job should kick off even if previous instance is still running from CPS in SAP ECC.  Currently, even though the frequency of the job is to run every 15 minutes , if the previous instance is running for more than 15 minutes the next instance does not start.  Please let me know if there is a setting in CPS for making this happen.

Thanks in Advance.

Narendran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendran,

There are multiple ways to address this, the easiest I can think of is to use a pre-submit count of 2 or more, depending on how many you want to run to concurrently, max.

You should be able to edit the job group and set the pre-submit count.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you H. Carpenter for your quick response.  Is this pre-submit count a setting in job parameters, or you are meaning that I setup two jobs with same program , variant but different name?

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, it is in the submit wizard, under times and dates ... you have set a submit frame, down the bottom, you can set a pre-submit count.

To test this:

1. Create a submit frame, named every_5_seconds, that submits, as its name implies, every 5 seconds.
  2. Submit System_Sleep with the parameter set to 9000 (default is 1000), with submit frame every_5_seconds, you will notice "presubmit" is set to 1 - this is ok for our little test.
  3. Notice that the job runs every 10 seconds, NOT every 5 seconds, a job is skipped for each iteration because the job runs for 9 seconds.
  4. Right click a job that has completed and go to Scheduling > Hold, select to hold the job group
  5. Now the job group is held, right click a job and go to Scheduling > Edit.
  6. In the new window select to edit job group, go to Times & Dates, set presubmit to 3 and click submit to make the changes.
  7. Right click a job in the job group, and go to Scheduling >Release
  8. Notice that the job now starts every 5 seconds.

You would have to perform steps 4-8 on your job group.

Regards,

HP