cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing date in COPA,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to know how to add billing date as a characteristic in COPA and could you please explain it in steps.

Thanks

Nassar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pavan_kumar18
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can understand the situation you are facing.

But Profitability based on billing date is not advisable and not feasible also.

Instead of going for date wise profitability. better to go for period wise profitability.

There is no complexity to bring the period as a characteristic.

Other experts can comment...

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

pavan_kumar18
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you specify the objective in detail.......by using the period range option in selection criterion we can get the data.

Profitability based on billing date is difficult. There is an option that we can select period as a characteristic. better to go for that.

Please find the following link....which might be useful.

Characteristics - Profitability Analysis (COPA) - SAP Library

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Pavan,

but my customer need to choose billing data by billing date in COPA so they can know how many billing doc in this date and the data about them

Thanks

Nassar

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

It is not advisable billing date as characteristic.  if you really want to know how much billing documents get generated in the billing date, you can use KE24.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply Kamal,

But I need to know can I create it and If yes how can I do this in steps please because it's urgent.

thanks

Nassar

former_member184941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nassar,

As Ahmed already suggested it is not advisable to create billing date as a char. It is a technical field which will be filled in CE1 table in the field FDAT. You can check it in KE24 but not in KE30. If you want to populate the field in CE4 as well then you will have to create a user defined char and map it through TKEZU table.

However please note that SAP doesn't recommend this at all as it will create huge performance issue in future.

Regards,

Abhisek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is posting date different from billing date. Cant you this field for your requirement it provided in Std COPA document.

Regards,

Ritesh