Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock category 'Q' in TO for Delivery

zain_alvi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been searching for a while and playing around with various configurations for a while now, but to no avail. Appreciate any input - here is the situation:

We have a WM managed warehouse, where picking for delivery is done via conversion of a delivery document into transfer order(s). Everything is working fine. However, we now have a requirement, where we need to pick QI stock in the transfer order. From the delivery side, the configuration has been completed, and a batch in QI stock can be assigned to the delivery. Now, when converting the delivery to a TO via LT03, the stock category does not pick up 'Q' and is always blank.

My search strategies are set up correctly for all categories (blank, Q, R and S) - the only issue is that at the time of conversion, the system is not picking stock category 'Q', and as a result, the system shows no available stock, even though all the storage units for the batch are available in QI stock.

If there's anything further I can clarify, do let me know. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

zain_alvi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

As an update to anyone who might be interested in doing this in future, a 'solution' I found to allow stock category 'Q' in the TO for delivery is in the delivery itself, at the header level, there is a 'Control' section under the 'Administration' tab. Here, the stock category determines what type of stock is allowed for picking.

However, by default this field is not editable, and to do this, I had to force an 'X' into table field LIPS-INSMK. At the same time, I maintained stock type 'Q' for field LIPS-BESTQ in the table, resulting in this value displaying in the delivery itself, under the 'Goods Movement' tab:

Now, when creating transfer orders for this delivery via LT03, the stock category 'Q' is automatically picked up.

This solves one of my problems, however, the issue remains with getting the stock type 'Q' into the delivery in the first place. I'm not sure this is the best place to ask, but would anyone have any idea how to go about making this field editable in the front-end instead of having to force it in via the table? I am not an SD expert, but in my search, I was unable to find anything similar to 'Screen Layout' for PRs.

The last solution would obviously be to have some sort of custom program that maintains this value for a delivery.

Thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS note 447876 - VLMOVE Event 0024 stock transfer inspection stock in plant has some background information on this field in the delivery

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot ship goods in QI status, hence it doesn't make sense to pick QI stock.

see OSS note 496992 - Goods issue for delivery: Stock type

zain_alvi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

Thanks for the reply - the objective is not to deliver QI stock. This is to allow the warehouse to carry out picking activities via TO, and be ready to PGI pretty much as soon as the stock is released from QI.

I am aware the QI stock cannot be PGI'ed - That is in fact our checkpoint to ensure that these goods are not shipped.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With your approach i can visualize one operation issue, Take a scenario by some custom method you are able to perform the picking and stock is lying at Door for dispatch and the same time you got the lot rejected by Quality team.Again you have to do the multiple handling by transferring the stock back from 916 to quality marked area or rack (based on your business) since TO is already created and confirmed against the delivery either you have to create a new sales order and delivery. I hope you have taken care of all this point

At overall level what Jugen suggest that is right with standard we don't have provision to ship the QI stock

zain_alvi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes Manish, you are correct - this is the risk the business is willing to take. If the QI stock is rejected, the TOs will need to be cancelled if they have not been confirmed, or the warehouse will have to execute an LT0G. There is no separate physical location to segregate QI, unrestricted and rejected stock, and they are all in the same bins.

Basically, there is a 5 day shipping lead time, where, from material availability date until PGI date, the warehouse requires 5 days to prepare and load the goods onto trucks. However, there is also a QI lead time of 7 days, during which the QA department does their testing.

The requirement, in its basic form, is for an overlap between the time that stock is in QI and the warehouse prep time - meaning picking, preparation and loading activities to be done - all while the stock is in QI. We do not require and will not do PGI of QI stock.

Is there any way anyone can suggest (apart from writing codes or user exits etc.) to simply pick stock category 'Q' at the time of TO creation for a delivery?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with the standard SAP it is not possible to achieve the required functionality, you have  to write a piece of code in user exit to make it workable. Although i am professionally against this approach as this is against the best practice of warehousing to change the input data through code but if still client and business need this then i can look to write the piece of code into MWMTO007 where i can influence the storage type search.

Just for my knowledge

1) Don't you have the concept of Safety stock in your organization ? generally every organization will have the safety stock to cover those type of requirement.

jh_3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.