cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrgModeler 4.0 SP1 - Menu Finalize the scenario is missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on OrgModeler 4.0 SP1 Build 0910021700 and having problem of menu 'Finalize Scenario' is missing from Scenario General section.

The testing user has ROLE_Executive which has all allowed action and all permitted item for secured role as OrgModeler default.

I noticed that the number of item in the red box shown as '0', but in this scenario already contain some Objects(Org Unit & Position), not sure that if it related.  I already tried to recreated structure and perform initial load again but still has this problem.

The user to extract data and SAP Connection has SAP_ALL profile.

Is there any concern on the configuration?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apitchaya.

1. Have you got any errors appearing in the cds.log when you import data?
  2. Have you got any errors appearing in the cds.log when working with making changes to your scenario?
  3. Are any other users set as approvers on the scenario?
  4. Do you get the same issue if you create another test scenario with the same user?
  5. Do you get the same issue if you create another test scenario with a different user?

I think the number of items in the scenario is a concern and I think the first focus should be on trying to understand why that is if you say it has items and changes in the scenario.  The first couple of questions above might help identify if there are any such issues.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

1. No obvious error when extract data from SAP.

2. there are some error when Create Scenario, I've attached cds.log in this reply.

It seems some tables are not in Database. Such as HRP1014, HRP1028, NODE_TREE_xx (Scenario Number)

However I already Recreate Scenario structure and SAP Source Structure many times. Is this relate to privilege of Database Connection User?

3. I've tried below scenario, none of these works.

- 1 Owner(Creator)

- 1 Owner(Creator)+Add Approve Rights

- 2 Owner(1 Creator + 1 another user)

- 2 Owner(1 Creator + 1 another user) + Add Approve Rights

- 1 Owner(Creator) + 1Read&Write with Approve Rights

4. and 5. Yes, already created new scenario and tried with new user(ROLE_Executive)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apitchaya.

Looking at the log (and your comments) it is clear that there is some issue around database user privileges (we usually just make the accessing user ID the database owner to ensure it has the highest privilege levels).  However I'm guessing you must have some tables in the database, so this does not explain why those other tables are missing.

As well as examining the privileges for your database user account I think you need to go back and take another look at your extract process.  Make sure that the initial extract isn't throwing up any errors; specifically for the generation of those tables.  I can't imagine it wouldn't throw up an error somewhere in the log of the process if it were failing to commit the rows into the database.

There could be all sorts of issues from table space sizing (e.g. not enough room) to not enough SAP access to read those tables.  You need some more log info I think to get to work out what is going on in your initial extract.

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

Hi Apitchaya,

NODE_TREE_SCENARIOID is a very important table required for almost all scnario actions (finalized, approve, etc). Whenever you make changes in the scenario, they are recorded in this table only.

There is a stored procedure called "BUILD_NODE_TREE" which is responsible for creating and modifying this table. As mentioned by Stephen, most probably the database user is lacking some priveleges. Please make sure the DB user has been assigned following priveleges:

Create Session

Create Synonym

Create Table

Create Procedure

Create Type

Create View

Create Sequence

Note: If you are working with Oracle and priveleges have been assigned to the user via role membership (DBA role, etc), you will need to explicitly grant the above priveleges to the user. Oracle's security model is such that when executing dynamic SQL using Execute Immediate (inside the context of a PL/SQL block or procedure), the user does not have privileges to objects or commands that are granted via role membership.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've resolved this problem by granting privileges.

Thank you so much.

Answers (0)