cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIP balance sheet account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can I add more than one WIP account in OKG8 for the same company code because I have two main products and the customer want to show in balance sheet for every Product its own account and if it possible could you just tell me how to do that.

thanks

Nassar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

WIP calculation is triggering through RA key only

In Valuation method we link RA key with CO area and WIP version and we define it at order level and by default it gets link with specific product ..

GL posting is coming through posting rules after we define WIP update where again we assign the link  CO area > version > RA key > Line Id  >  CE (31)

Then it goes to post GL a/c BS/PL

So if you want to get separate posting for each product then must create..

1, Separate RA key

2. Separate  Update rules with separate identity of line id

3.Separate posting rules

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you all.

Case Closed

Thnaks

Nassar

pavan_kumar18
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The assignment to a G/L account can take place at three levels:

• For each results analysis category
  • In this case, the step "Define assignment" takes precedence. The work in process is assigned to one of the following categories:
  • WIPR - Work in process with requirement to capitalize costs
  • WIPO - Work in process with option to capitalize costs
  • WIPP - Work in process with prohibition to capitalize costs
  • The posting rule assigns the work in process with requirement to capitalize costs (WIPR) to G/L accounts.
  • For each results analysis category and transaction (creation, usage, and so forth)
  • In this case, the steps "Define assignment" and "Define results analysis version" take precedence. The work in process is assigned to the corresponding categories. If you specified in the results analysis version that the creation and usage of the work in process should be updated under separate cost elements, you can define separate posting rules for creation and usage.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Pavan for your reply but could you please clarify the answer because I need to split WIP accounts as per two Products How can I do that in steps Please.

Thanks

Nassar

pavan_kumar18
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nassar,

As per my knowledge it's not possible to maintain separate GL's for product wise WIP.

From controlling end, we can maintain separate secondary cost elements (Catg 31) by creating Separate Line ID and RA Key as per your Product Line

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally