cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS to File scenario in PI 7.31 single stack.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am on PI 7.31 single stack and stuck in one situation where we are picking the file using the JMS sender channel.

Here, JMS channel is picking the files and sending to PI, the scenario is working normal except for few cases where sometimes the JMS channel is pulling the file incomplete and due to which we are facing some issues.

We have tested the failed file from production in our QA system but it was completely received on QA system.

We have also compared the QA and PRD channel settings but seems that they are same. I want to know if increasing message poll interval or message receive wait time will solve the issue?

Please let me know if this can solve the issue or else there is any other option?

We are using websphere MQ and also I want to know what is the difference of Target client properties - WebsphereMQ(non-JMS) and JMS complaint

Thank you.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

In sender communication channel of JMS,

set the "mapping of message" as "entire message=JMS payload"

This field indicates what payload should contain, we have 2 options for this.

1. i wrote above. (full message comes in payload)
2. Message payload= JMS payload. (only the original message comes in payload without header etc).

You can also use above parameters mentioned by Praveen.

Thanks,

varsha.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jannus,

The reply I received from JMS provider is that they are keeping the file only when it is written completely.

I have tested this file on my QA server and it was completely picked up by the PI system in QA.

It is strange but still I have not found any solution on this issue.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Did you try to increase the Wait Time and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Configuring the Sender JMS Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Regards,

Azhar

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Change the connector settings to use message listener based connector then you wont receive incomplete files. I also faced same issue after change to message listener the problem was resolved.

• If you want to receive messages from the JMS Provider using message listener, select Use Message Listener Based Connector .
  • If you want to receive messages from the JMS provider using message polling, then perform the following substeps.
    1. Enter the Message Poll Interval (msecs) to specify the time period between the calls to receive messages from the JMS provider destinations.
    2. Enter the Message Receive Wait Time (msecs) to specify the timeout value specified to the receive() call used for receiving messages from JMS Provider destinations.

Regards,
Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the file is not completely received and PI picks it up it will be a problem.

Extending your polling time will help but will not solve the problem. You are looking for something that is on the file adapter (Modification Check). But from what i can see is that it is not on the JMS Sender Adapter.

What you can do is asked them write the file with a TEMP name until it is completed and then have them just change the name so that PI is able to pick it up.

Hope this helps,

Jannus Botha