cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC adapter question

former_member462539
Participant
0 Kudos

I dont see any error in the RWB for sender JDBC adapter apart from 'processed finished successfully' with Message ID link but it does not have any payload. Does it mean SQL query returned 0(zero) or NO rows? or JDBC connection/driver user name & pwd provided is not supporting any transaction. I neither see any errors also in ALL logs.

Unfortuantley I do not have access at DB level to cross verify and also I dont see any message arrived into Integration engine or message monitoring from AE.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member462539
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts - Any idea please on how can I identify the root cause?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

This is a CC log when there are no records picked from the DB.

You will just see 'processing finished successfully'

This is an example of the CC log when there are records picked from the DB.

There will be an additional line that will state ' Message with ID <messageID> processed.

Since in your case, you do not see the additional line in the CC logs, I am pretty confident that there were no data picked by the PI channel during that polling instance.

Hope this information helped.

Regards,

Prajeet Jain

former_member462539
Participant
0 Kudos

Good job and also well investigated. So are you sure DB query returned zero rows rather than PI JDBC adapter didn't picked up any?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you dont see message means it has been archived!

Did you try check the Audit log in the channel monitoring? or Get the message id from the channel log and search in SXMB_Moni to track the message in Integration Engine.

former_member462539
Participant
0 Kudos

message retention period is 15 days, so dont even think about archive/delete. JDBC adapter is keep polling for every 15 secs.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brhamma,

This is that there is not files to be picked.

When i haven't direct access to the DB i do another scenario SOAP - JDBC to let me to do SELECTs to the table, i do a XSL mapping  that simply copies the input to the output.  With SOAPui i do the  XML-JDBC PI format directly to be passed to the JDBC receiver.

Regards.

former_member462539
Participant
0 Kudos

I dont think that I followed your suggestion anyhow but I cant play with it in prod. Just can anyone help/answer what happens When query returns Zero(0) rows? do we see error or success in PI? Please consider it an interview question though I'm NOT intenionally checking, as I badly need help

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brhamma,

You said:

Message ID link but it does not have any payload.

If you don't have the blue hyperlink and you only have the ID in grey, this means that no one register has been picked because the Select statement didn't pick any register.

Regards.

former_member462539
Participant
0 Kudos

I do have blue hyper link. when I click on it, navigating to message montioring with two Msg GUID's of Direction inbound & outbound without payload.But in the Message monitoring I dont see any message arrived.

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brahma,

Why dont you check the JDBC connectivity for Login errors.

http://<PIserver>:<JDBC port>/ftpjdbc/jdbc/db_conn_a.html

Put JDBC driver details. but you may have to enter UN and PW which you have entered in JDBC communication channel.

Thanks

Tharaka

former_member462539
Participant
0 Kudos

How do I know JDBC port? working for a security customer. To know this small port information, I have to wait for another 3 days to cross hell lot of processess and approvals required

Is there any other quick way around to identify the culprit?

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brahma,

All these are maintained at the JDBC communication channel in PI system.

Thanks

Tharaka

former_member462539
Participant
0 Kudos

of course it's there in comm channel. All ports that you see in channels are proxies, So we cannot know how it was by passed to actual DB server? Anyhow I tried your URL (http://XXXX.XXX.com:1533/ftpjdbc/jdbc/db_conn_a.html) and getting a mesasge " Internet explorer cannot display the webpage" in IE.