Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT Configuration for Gmail Relay system

ssuratharajan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have currently opted to have gmail as our Email provider , for example we have our employees email as XYZ@company.com, But we have the email server maintained by google. We would like to send the mails from SAP system to to any address as of now. Could you please tell me if it is possible.

If so please help me do the configuration with the details that i have with me .

I have the SMTP domain of our google server and the port in which the mails are being sent

Domain : smtp.gmail.com

Port      : 465

I have also maintained the Parameter "icm/server_port_2" with "PROT=SMTP,PORT=465,PROCTIMEOUT=600,TIMEOUT=600"

Should I be doing anything else , if so kindly share your thoughts.

Regards,

Suratharajan .S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member691884
Discoverer
0 Kudos

is it solved this issues ?

0 Kudos

Did you solved this issue ?

yiming_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need do the TLS setting. Please see SAP note 1724704.
This requires SAPKB73106 and kernel 7.21 at least.

Regards,
Yiming

ssuratharajan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Zhang,

So far i am able to send the mails to the domain xyz@company.com ( domain registered with Google)

we folowed the below advice from google support, We went with the 3rd option .

Port :25  ;  Host : aspmx.l.google.com ; Default Domain : <companyname>.com

Google Apps SMTP settings to send mail from a printer, scanner, or app - Google Apps Help

If TLS needs to be maintained then the port is to given as 465 and not but when i change the Port

number then the message is stating that the message cannot be processed by SAP .

Is there anything else i need to check when changing the port in SCOT other thatn SMICM and Parameter change in RZ10

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Suratharajan .S

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is something that has been discussed in other threads - ,

As far as I know pointing SAP directly to send to smtp.gmail.com isn't possible due to SAP not being able to talk encryption with gmail. 

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suratha,

Have you configured your Gmail account for doing the email relay? Take a look to this:

SMTP relay service setting - Google Apps Help

Also please notice that port 465 is the SSL port on Gmail.

Best regads.

ssuratharajan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Miguel,

Does the Port have any effect on the relay settings, I know that we maintain 25 as a default port for the SMTP settings. but if it is SSL will it work with SAP ? I tried checking your link and the link specified a host name to be smtp-relay.gmail.com. Now it gives me a message 612 saying that currently no delivery to xyz@gmail.com. Do you know what it mease , I am using the host smtp.gmail.com before and i got the message 817 Cannot process message in SAP system.

FYI , when I telnet the connection it is connecting .

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know you will need to use TLS in order to connect to port 465 on Gmail. Did you maintained the domain on SCOT transaction?

Regards.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suratha,

Could you check with SAP KBA   455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

and SCN doc at

Also confirm are you able to send mails from the settings which had done above ? If possible share the error logs if any.

Addition to it kindly confirm other required settings (like use of TLS,SSL or SMTP Auth) from your email relayer.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav