Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in Data Type Enhancement

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scn Users,

I tried to Create Data type Enhancement for the standard Banking data Type.

when I create One Attribute with the data type enhancement is added automatically.

why this Attribute is getting added automatically?Is there any way to remove this attribute.

Kindly assist

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman

That is the correct behaviour when using data type enhancements. The original standard data type (that is referred to in your data type enhancement) will automatically show the additional changes.

To remove it, just delete your data type enhancement object. Once deletion is activated, you can view back the standard banking data type and see that the changes are no longer there.

Here is a guidebook on handling enhancement to standard enterprise services.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply..

And one more think ,I enhanced the data type by in my own SWCV.it didnt reflect in ESR under the standard SWCV.But in SPROXY of ECC when I activated the data type enhancement,it reflected in the standard proxy structure.Can you please throw some light on this.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thats correct. The DTE will be visible in ECC Sproxy of Standard Interface. This is the advantage of using DTE. The ABAPer can just code for the Additional Fields and leave the standard code as is.

Also you might have added Dependency betw your SWCV and the Standard SWCV. If you see the Standard Interface in your SWCV Basis object tree...it will show the entire structure with DTE fields too.

Regards,

Azhar

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ya Azhar..I am seeing in the Basis objects.My question is here for inbound/outbound interface if data is coming for these additional fields via PI.will iit be recognised or error will be thrown?

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman

If your doubts about DTE is still not cleared, do refer to section 2.2.3 of the following best practice document by SAP. It covers most of your queries about DTE, how to go about it, how it'll look like and work, etc.

To answer your question above, the interface will work in PI with the additional fields, that's the whole reason for having DTE.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (0)