cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy for ERP 6.0 EHP 6 No Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys.

I need to perform the system copy procedure with the SAP tools of my production system based ERP 6.0 EHP 6 No Unicode.

But I remember when i create the target system with the SWPM only accept Unicode Kernel when i go to install.

My question is: I can the system copy with SWPM for the system No Unicode for source and target system ?

My system is Windows 2008 R2 + Oracle 11g

Regards.

Desirée C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

YES You can make this System Copy from Non-Uc to Non-Uc.

The New SWPM only accept unicode systems for new installations (no for system copy).

When you made an system copy with swpm, in target system you can select unicode or non unicode system/kernel depend of codepage of your export file (non-unicode in your case)

I have your same system and I made this migration recently.

Hope that help.

Regards.!

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Desirée,

do you executed a coyp once more in the meantime ?.

I tried a copy with the latest Version of swpm 70 SP8 and the flag for Unicode can't be unchecked, also  in the Version sp6 of swpm 70..

Which Version did you used, where you can work with erp 6 ehp 6 copy. I need to copy ehp 5 but in both available Windows Versions only Unicode is possible for the global host preps.

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

great!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys sorry for delay.

Until now i executed the system copy with the option Oracle Database Specific Procedure (Backup/Restore). I choose this option because i need the copy for disaster recovery system of my production system.

If i can the system copy with the option No-Unicode without problem and errors with Software Provisioning Manager.

Thanks to all for the replay.

Desirée .

0 Kudos

Hi Desirée.

Yes, you can perform a systemcopy between Non-Unicode systems.

For new system installations only Unicode is supported, and possible.

Regards,

János

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the system copy guide for your product.

If your using ABAP only then you can try DB specific method as per the system copy guide, if you use ABAP+JAVA then you will have to go with DB independent method as per the system copy guide.

Also as mentioned above by Yves Non-UNICODE installation is out of support for a while, you will have to read some notes related to system copy also the system copy guide to get more information.

Thanks.

Regards,

Brindavan.M

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That is a very good question...

You could tweak SWPM providing individual Non Unicode kernel patch (at the SAP System Archive step ).

But both the OSS note & copy guide do not talk about Non Unicode support

Non Unicode system installation is not possible since a while, thus SWPM might not be able to handle Non Unicode.

If I were you I would open an OSS message to get a clear official statement from SAP.

If you get an answer It would then be great to update this thread

Regards

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please have look on below may help you,

1738258 - System Copy of Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and Higher

Thanks

Sadiq