Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async to Async Bridge

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a simple requirement.

I receive an async proxy call from ECC which I map and output to a file. Now I need to output a second file if the first is successful without using BPM. Something I have called a async to async bridge.

I have looked through the available modules and can't see anything appropriate. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Can I assume that if the output of the 1st file is generated (during the mapping), it can be considered as successful and ready to generate the 2nd file output.

With that assumption in mind, there are 2 approaches :

Approach-1:

ESR:

•      Use 1:n mapping with 2 target outputs in the mapping.
  •      Ensure the condition check for 2nd output is same as the condition maintained for the 1st file      output.
  •      This will guarantee us that the 2nd file will be generated only when the 1st file output is generated.

ID:

•      In the receiver interfaces tab (in ICO), you can enable the maintain order in runtime, so that 1st file is generated prior to the 2nd file in the target system.

Approach-2:

You can also use 2 step mapping process in a single operation mapping, which looks something like this.

This is just an alternate way of achieving the same result.

I would prefer Approach-1, since it is easy and more straight forward.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

Prajeet Jain

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks. it now makes sense. I will use the same mapping for both. If the mapping fails then the files will not be transfered.

Perfect

have a great day

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

File interfaces are async in nature so will be without response - what is the criteria to determine that the first file interface is successful? Is it sufficient that it is successfully delivered by the File adapter to the target folder?

If so, you can try a 1-n multi mapping - the source being the proxy message, and 2 targets for the two file output. In your iFlow/ICO/Interface Determination, after selecting your Operation Mapping, set maintain order at runtime.

With this, it will introduce a sequence between target interface 1 and target interface 2. Interface 2 will be delivered once interface 1 completes successfully.

Rgds

Eng Swee