Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.11 System Copy and Business System names

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in the process of making a system copy of our PI 7.11 Prod Environment for our Performance Test environment. I wanted to check if anyone has any experience with handling Business System names in SLD. From what I've read so far there is no automatic/mass process to change Business System names from Productions corresponding names to lower environment names like Dev. So, for example

My Prod Business Systems are:

XYZECC_Prod

XYZSRM_Prod

XYZBW_Prod

and after doing System Copy, I want them to name which should eventually be updated in Integration Builder.

XYZECC_PST

XYZSRM_PST

XYZBW_PST

Of course, eventually we want to update the underlying Technical Systems and Logical System but, I am assuming taking care of this step would make subsequent steps easy.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mayur,

Here is a blog to mas update SLD Business systems 

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the blog. But, was hoping for some standard out of box functionality which is part of SAP's official PI Post System Copy steps to handle these kinds of changes.

Thanks,
Mayur

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mayur,

There is no out-of-box solution for this.

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu. Are there any other ways besides taking the development approach?

Thanks,

Mayur

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

There is no automatic/mass process to change Business System names.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen. So, if I chose to manually change each BS one by one in SLD. I will have to create the new BS point it to the correct TS and import it into ID. Right? But, is it possible to add the existing CCs under the new BS? I mean those CCs and agreements etc are still tied up with the BS with PROD name in it. right?

Thanks,

Mayur

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

Yes you are right those will be tied up with Production business system but what you need to do is .. copy objects from old business system to new business  system in integration directory.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for the reply. That's what I had in mind but, I wasn't sure and still not convinced if that's the way to go. Reason, because we have 100s of objects (CCs, Agreements, Config Scenarios) which will all need to be copied under new PST Business System names and reconnected with other ID objects like Rec Determination and Int. Determination. It just seems too messy (high possibility of human error) to be a correct way to achieve this. Instead, configuring Transport Groups and then exporting objects from PROD and importing them in PST seems a better way. But, then we already have all the objects from Sys Copy in Integration Directory.

So, have you copied objects from old business system to new business system before?

Thanks,
Mayur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

I think you can export all the business systems on PI PRD system, then manually change the business name to the one you want (eg. XYZECC_PRD-> XYZECC_PST ) in the xml file. This can be done by using batch replacement functionality. Then you can import them to PST system again.

For another issue, you can maintain the transport group in SLD of PST to transport the scenarios automatically. In this case, the business name XYZECC_PRD will be changed to XYZECC_PST automatically and you don't need to change the name of communication channels.

Regards.

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Li,

Thanks for the reply.

About your first suggestion. That will only give me Business Systems with PST names. Correct? it won't have any objects like CC, Agreements under it. Those objects are still under Business Systems with PROD suffix. And, to get those objects I'll have to copy them new Business System as suggested by Naveen above. Let me know if I didn't interpret it right.

Option two, If I create Transport groups post system copy then it will only help with any new Transports from Prod to PST. But, I don't think it will help me with the existing objects which came into PST as part of system copy from PROD.

Thanks,
Mayur

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

That is the only option we have as of now. Reason being there is no mass/automatic process to add the new business system to assign to all scenarios.

manual interaction is required.

Thanks,

Naveen

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

After configuring transport group in SLD of PST, you also need to mantain the tranport target for XYZECC_PRD to XYZECC_PST, and that means you need to import both XYZECC_PRD and XYZECC_PST in advance (do the same thing for other relevant business systems), then you can import all the scenarios by using import configuration objects function in integration directory. This also works for the existing object.  As PRD and PST are different PI instances, so you can use this workaround. If there is a requirement that you need to configure XYZECC_PRD and XYZECC_PST on a single PI instance, I think in this case you need numerous tedious work.

Regards.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

I think there is QA system for XYZECC_PRD like XYZECC_QA and you maintain transport target in SLD like XYZECC_QA->XYZECC_PRD, after creating the new business system XYZECC_PST then change the QA transport target to  XYZECC_QA->XYZECC_PST then import all your CC's, agreements and all other objects under XYZECC_QA to prod then all the objects will be pointing to XYZECC_PST without copying manually.

Regards,

Praveen.